Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Display causes extremly battery drain

Tip us?

Gh3ttoKiLL4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Display causes extremly battery drain

Hi folks

I've bought an sgs2 about an half year ago.
But unfortunately my phone hit the ground before 4 or 5 months. My display has 2-3 little cracks.
First, I don't realized that my battery was draining soo extremly, but since a few weeks I noticed it.
Display uses about 90% and more from the battery.
I'm on WizzedKat 2.9 Final with DorimanX v8.43
Before this I was first on Resurrection Remix and then on PAC with both original kernels.

Is this battery drain kernel related, rom related or is the cracked display the reason?

Sorry for my (probably) bad english.
Greetings from rainy Germany Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401206686842.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2765927Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401206728033.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2765928

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 111
If your screen is on for more than 3 hours in a full battery discharge, I think you are getting decent battery backup. Cracked screen cant be blamed for this. There can be many possibilities on which you will have to work one by one and eliminate them till you find the rootcause
1. You have apps which are triggering some screen on wakelocks.
2. Your battery life is over. It needs a change.
3. You have already tried various ROMs/kernels. Its time to try another modem/radio. The probability of it being the cause is quite low as you are having drain because of screen, but still, worth a try.
Galaxy S2
ROM: NeatRom 7.4

Gh3ttoKiLL4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara View Post
If your screen is on for more than 3 hours in a full battery discharge, I think you are getting decent battery backup. Cracked screen cant be blamed for this. There can be many possibilities on which you will have to work one by one and eliminate them till you find the rootcause
1. You have apps which are triggering some screen on wakelocks.
2. Your battery life is over. It needs a change.
3. You have already tried various ROMs/kernels. Its time to try another modem/radio. The probability of it being the cause is quite low as you are having drain because of screen, but still, worth a try.
First, thanks for your response @banjara!

1. I've installed BBS and there are no signs for me that there are display wakelocks. But i can be wrong.
2. I can eliminate this issue, because i've tried several batterys from friends, but compared to their devices my device lasts (with same battery) muuuuch shorter than theirs.
3. I decided to flash "XXLS6" modem (I was on XXLS8) and flashed SlimKAT now.

I will report in 2-3 days on how much energy the display uses.

Thank you!