downgrade Siyah from v6.0b5 to v5.0.1 for firefox OS

OP technobuddha

10th February 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Hello all, My end result is to dual boot firefox OS with a custom rom and dual boot using Siyah-s2-v5.0.1 as per these instructions:

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Dual_boot_of_B2G_and_Android_on_SGS2#Boot_operatio ns

the problem I have, is that I have a newer version of Siyah, and that's v6.0b5.

when I attempt to flash it with: heimdall flash --hidden system.img

the problem is I get an error: saying that there is no hidden partition in the PIT.
So, I go and create a list of what is in the PIT, and there is "HIDDEN" (all upppercase), sooo, I try that, and well it doesn't work.

So, I got to thinking that maybe the older version of Siyah, v5.0.1 has a lowercase hidden and that would work?

Anyways. so here I am trying to downgrade and I can't seem too! I've gone from within recovery and installed via there.
I've tried 2 different kernels, including the CF-Root kernel, and wiped all the partitions, cache, etc. but whenever I try and install Siyah-s2-v5.0.1, the yin/yang logo flashes 2x and does nothing. I force back into recovery, and its always 6.0.1.2 soooo. I'm stuck.

UNLESS, someone knows where to put the "hidden" system.img file? so that the Siyah could put it into the 2nd 2ndROM???

thanks sooo much if you can help!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread