Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgrading from Neat Rom + AOSP 4.4.2 to Check rom v6 2.3.6

Tip us?

pavitar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Downgrading from Neat Rom + AOSP 4.4.2 to Check rom v6 2.3.6

Please guide me with steps to downgrade to 2.3.6 :
I have used s2 for 2 years now. I'm done with all the flashing and using cool custom rom features. However none of it gives me a good battery life.
I have read a few threads saying Gingerbread gives a pretty decent battery life. I need steps to downgrade, as I've read that if I don't replace the bootloader, I may brick my phone. All I want now is to experience good battery life for once!! As I've tried all I could , all tweaks but not one gave me decent battery life.

I've come accross these xda thread1 & xda thread 2 that says Checkrom + Neak/Siyah Kernel is a good option. So i wana try it. Please leme know. I have downloaded a XWLA4_CheckromRevo_HD_V6.zip.

Should I first odin my stock 2.3.6 firmware? Will this get me to a gingerbread bootloader?
I have this doubts because till now I've only done an upgrade or custom roms with same version of android.

flasherruts
Old
Thanks Meter 54
its not necessary if you need the gingerbread bootloader ( correct me if i am wrong ) i too was fed up like you and directly flashed checkrom v4 2.3.5 gingerbread .. all i did was flashed a new recovery ( just for my satisfaction , i flashed cwm .. you could flash twrp too according to you likes and dislikes ) cleaned everything ( everything .. yes .. ) and flashed the rom .. make sure you have downloaded the correct file for your device .. compatible gapps and reboot system .. flashing gingerbread is not necessary via odin .. you may do it if you want to be sure .. ( although i did not and everything was just as fine ; i ran gingerbread for a month after that ) so all the best and happy flashing .
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !