Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DSLR and mount path

Tip us?

Amorata
Old
(Last edited by Amorata; 25th February 2014 at 01:09 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] DSLR and mount path

Hi,

I attach my Nikon D800 through an OTG. My phone finds my camera and I'm able to copy files on to my device, but I'm not able to browse my camera using a file explorer. How can I browse it normally through a file explorer?

The camera doesn't mount under /mnt/ as a normal USB mass storage unit since it's using MTP protocol.

I have an FTP program on my phone and need that to access pictures directly on camera and send them. To be able to do that I need to be able to browse the memory cards in my camera.

I know I was able to do this before, and as I have understood that was possible during android 3.1.x. Now I have 4.1.2 stock rom and not able to anymore.

Some help would be greatly appreciated since I'm dependent on being able to use FTP directly from my camera.

Thank you for any answers.

Best regards,
Trond

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 25th February 2014 at 02:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3205
Do you have an I9100 ? Reason I ask is this device never got Android 3x. We went straight from Gingerbread (2x) to ICS (4x).

Edit to add -Also, a Google search (which frankly is better than XDA search) for 'I9100 XDA DLSR USB OTG' yields a bunch of threads here that could be useful to you. As this is something that very few people here would use (at least nowdays; it may have been more common when this phone was more widely used by people here), and as these forums don't see anywhere near as much traffic as they did even 12 mths ago, you might be waiting a very long time to have your questions answered. I'd suggest you mine those threads for any info which might be useful.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

hooligan007
Old
Thanks Meter 69
I would also like to copy pics from my d7100 to my s2 or nexus 7 using USB OTG..is that possible..thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app