[Q] Man, I ****ed up (SGS2)

Search This thread

JonnySniper911

Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

I got a new phone last month, a HTC One (M8). Since I didn't need my S2 anymore, I decided to experiment a little bit with it, witch mean, I decided to try and root it. Man, i should never have done that.

First, I followed a guide on wikihow on how to root it. I downloaded Odin and the jeboo kernel they recommended in the guide. A couple minutes later, when everything was done, I tried to reboot my phone without much success. It was stuck on "Samsung Galaxy SII" with the yellow exclamation mark. Did I say that I got my phone from Virgin Mobile in Canada? Anyway, I tried to find a way to make my phone functional again and a couple of hours later, I found a stock Kernel that I immediately flash on my phone using Odin.

Everything worked fine again but I didn't want that outdated Android 2.2 so I installed Kies and plugged my phone in my computer to install the latest update from Samsung. Once again, I couldn't boot my phone, it would loop the Samsung animation over and over. So I re-install Gingerbread using Odin. Everything worked fine again!

But as I am stubborn, I didn't want it! So I search the web again for a solution. I red that cyanogen mod was great and I immediately wanted to try it. So I install everything and since it had an auto installer, I thought it would be very easy and in no time I would be able to play with it. Never have I been so wrong. For a reason that I don't know, the installer wasn't able to speak with my phone even thought I tried everything they said to do in this case.

Now, I can't boot my phone but I can boot in download and recovery mode. The only problem is, my computer doesn't install the drivers when I connect my phone, so I can't re-install 2.2 using Odin.

Anyone have any idea what I should do to solve this issue?

Please, help me 'cause I ****ed up :(

(Sorry for the mistakes, english is not my native language)

Nightshadow931

Oct 25, 2011
Belgrade
Xiaomi Mi 10
You did not screw anything.
If you can go to recovery, just boot into it, download any ROM you want and flash it through recovery(wipe data/cache/dalvik before you flash) and you'll be fine.
Second thing, once you root your phone, you void your warranty, and you CAN NOT update your phone from official samsung updates.You can do that if you unroot, but you won't need any updates.
Any way, as long as you can get into recovery, you're fine.

JonnySniper911

Jun 17, 2014
You did not screw anything.
If you can go to recovery, just boot into it, download any ROM you want and flash it through recovery(wipe data/cache/dalvik before you flash) and you'll be fine.
Second thing, once you root your phone, you void your warranty, and you CAN NOT update your phone from official samsung updates.You can do that if you unroot, but you won't need any updates.
Any way, as long as you can get into recovery, you're fine.

Thanks mate, I will try this as soon as I can!

Also, what specific model; sticker on phone chassis under the battery ?

It is a GT-I9100M.