Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 43,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] battery drained out and now stuck on battery charging screen

Tip us?

aliwaqas
Old
(Last edited by aliwaqas; 18th August 2011 at 05:50 PM.) Reason: Problem has been solved
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Smile [Solved] battery drained out and now stuck on battery charging screen

Hi,

I flashed the newest CyanogenMOD nightly on my SGS II previously running Villain ROM 2.1 with CF-Root kernel. Things were ok but I missed out on battery getting extremely low. After some time the phone went dead [due to complete battery drain] so I plugged it via USB cable to my laptop's USB port. Now it's been over an hour and all I see is the empty battery symbol re-flashing every 3 seconds [It's the same grey empty battery with a circle in middle].

I have tried booting the phone normally as well as in recovery but nothing happens! The battery empty symbol keeps flashing. I tried accessing download mode but it says "Battery Low. Can't Download". Can anyone please help me with this ?

Should I wait for couple of more hours or is my phone screwed, bricked or whatever....

prodygee
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Please try your AC adapter to charge. Keep it charging overnight just in case.
@ Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Black

aliwaqas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
don't have the AC adapter now because it's in my office. But tomorrow this is the first thing that I'll do when I go there. will report if it works....

prodygee
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I hope it will work. Just keep it charging. That battery needs a kick in the A.
@ Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Black

aliwaqas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodygee View Post
I hope it will work. Just keep it charging. That battery needs a kick in the A.
This was really what it needed I am sorry to reply so late because I forgot about the thread. And as long as the issue is solved, I would request moderator to close this or move to archive...

Teio
Old
(Last edited by Teio; 18th August 2011 at 05:43 PM.) Reason: Very bad gramatical error lol
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwaqas View Post
This was really what it needed I am sorry to reply so late because I forgot about the thread. And as long as the issue is solved, I would request moderator to close this or move to archive...
For how long did you keep the phone charging till you could turn it on?

aliwaqas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by testando View Post
For how long did you keep the phone charging till you could turn it on?
Around 25 minutes with original charger that came with phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to aliwaqas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bidomo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Have the same problem, using original charger but is not taking any charge, keeps turning on and off trying to charge, battery is out of juice for like 2 months, should I let it keep trying?

vishal11in
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidomo View Post
Have the same problem, using original charger but is not taking any charge, keeps turning on and off trying to charge, battery is out of juice for like 2 months, should I let it keep trying?
Your battery needs shock

Wrap it in a plastic case and seal it, put it in deep fridger for 3 -4 hrs, take it out and leave it until it gets the room temprature.
Now you need to charge it with slighly higher amp voltage charger and hopefully it will revive

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Tags
battery, cyanogenmod, galaxy s ii, samsung