Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Emergency Calls only

Tip us?

oinkylicious
Old
Thanks Meter 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkman1 View Post
what i did was very simple.
1) root explorer -> /efs
2) delete every file (yes, i am crazy M.F)
3) reboot
Reported. Please, please, please, any noobs reading, do not blindly follow this advice.

pinkman1
Old
(Last edited by pinkman1; 21st January 2012 at 11:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkylicious View Post
Reported. Please, please, please, any noobs reading, do not blindly follow this advice.
yes i am sorry i did this this out of desperation, cause nothing work for me///
and this way i could use it as phone...sorry

i did restore my IMEI after it ... and i found a temporary method for using my phone

muhamadasim
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i am having same problem posted on other threads as well and it seems many ppl are facing it but no perm solution. I hope someone will do the favour soon and we shall be able to use it as a phone rather than a PDA

neil.garsuta
Old
(Last edited by neil.garsuta; 25th February 2012 at 09:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi! i experienced this issue with my Samsung Galaxy S2 after flashing ICS rom. It's weird as well that when I transfer the sim to different phone and place it back again to my phone then it works but the moment I reboot my phone then I will get the same issue...

dix_huit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem

Same problem right here about a month in to using CM7

dix_huit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Going round in circles...

I've now tried all sorts.

Wipe caches, factory reset, different kernels, different modems, new SIM card, battery & SIM out, reboot, chec ed if phone is barred, checked if IMEI has changed, all sorts....

Still no luck.

Can anyone help?

robertostefanini
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I found out what the problem is.

The same thing happened to me.
Emergency calls only, couldn't connect to a network, out of service state, IMEI was fine.

I went to the network operator that sold me the phone, and they scanned my phones barcode and told me the phone is blacklisted.

Go to your network operator and check if this is the case. I'm 99% sure that it will be. You ought to be able to unblacklist the phone

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertostefanini View Post
I found out what the problem is.

The same thing happened to me.
Emergency calls only, couldn't connect to a network, out of service state, IMEI was fine.

I went to the network operator that sold me the phone, and they scanned my phones barcode and told me the phone is blacklisted.

Go to your network operator and check if this is the case. I'm 99% sure that it will be. You ought to be able to unblacklist the phone

Sadly 99% of those with a problem have not a blacklisted IMEI they just broke the EFS and never bothered to read the fAQS and GUIDES .

jje

Rimty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Sadly 99% of those with a problem have not a blacklisted IMEI they just broke the EFS and never bothered to read the fAQS and GUIDES .

jje
I have the same problem.
IMEI is fine.

How to fix?????

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
And have you both asked your carrier if the phone is IMEI blocked & absolutely positively 100% ruled out a carrier side problem ? (Given a lot of these problems tend to be carrier side one way or another).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimty View Post
I have the same problem.
IMEI is fine.

How to fix?????
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

Tags
calls, emergency, galaxy s 2, signal