14th March 2012, 06:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 76

851 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi Guys,

Since about a week ago (XXLPH firmware), my Exchange email stopped working.

Just says Connection Error all the time.

I can wipe the email settings, then enter them again, it will connect and start downloading mail, then stops and says connection error.

My Transformer is fine with all the same settings.

I upgraded the software to XXLPQ, did a full wipe and Factory Reset and still the same.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.
14th March 2012, 08:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 19

221 posts
More
Faced the same problem, reverted back to GB all is well...
Tried lot of things but didn't work with ICS using Samsung email client, although Maildroid was working fine.
14th March 2012, 10:18 AM   |  #3  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 47

108 posts
More
Same here, but only with my work account (Exchange 2010) - works fine with my (hosted) personal Exchange account (which is on Exchange 2007 AFAIK).

It's been this way with all ICS leaks. Yesterday I thought I got it working by adding the accounts the other way around, but today I'm getting connection error again. I think it's got something to do with the Device Administrator setting, because I never get that prompt for the second account I add, whereas I'm pretty sure I did on GB.

Using Enhanced Email in the meantime which works fine, but the Samsung client has some great features :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
14th March 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I too have the same issue - Connecting to the Exchange Server at work (Exchange 2007), I have no issue. The Exchange Server at home (2010) continually shows up with "Connection Error". XXLPH installed here too.
14th March 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

101 posts
Me too

Been driving me crazy. I agree it seems to be about the RSA device permissions. I think I'll have to go back to GB. Dammit, I wiped everything and have wasted all of today on this ...

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

They say replying to yourself is the first sign of madness ...

But I wonder if Samsung will fix this before pushing out the official UK update next week.

Hmmm ... I'm surprised more people haven't reported this.
14th March 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 8

77 posts
More
Same here. Updated yesterday to XXLPQ and have had the Connection Error ever since...

Sent from my GT-I9100M
14th March 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #7  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 47

108 posts
More
I sent a link to this thread to Samsung Support, let's see what happens...
The Following User Says Thank You to jps1974 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I've been looking into this (and learning a lot about EAS at the same time) - and have narrowed it down to XXLPH not liking the security policies contained within the Exchange ActiveSync Mailbox Policy that is being used. trouble is, no amount of fiddling has given me a long term solution (I have got it to work for short periods of time though).

I suspect that installing an Exchange 2007 CAS in my infrastructure and pointing my Galaxy S II to that will provide a workaround - but that's hardly a long-term solution. If that works, then forcing the handset to connect using an older version of the ActiveSync protocol should also work. This may be a more achievable workaround if I can figure out how to do it!
14th March 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 24

113 posts
it's also failing with gmail/google mail for apps added as an Exchange Activesync. when upgrading from GB, 1 of 2 of my gapps accounts stopped getting new mail. after a full wipe, both accounts now fail to fetch any mail or folders. logcat shows the error "Email:SecFeatureWrapper(6658): Was not initiated" while refreshing mails.
14th March 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
I'm having the exact same issues but for me they seem to be related to Hotmail (and it's Exchange 2003-like EAS protocol. The moment I add m.hotmail.com as an Exchange account, my other corporate and Office365 stop syncing.

The moment I remove the Hotmail account, all other Exchange accounts start working again. Very strange.

You guys added Exchange2003 or Hotmail mailboxes? I found this issue on nearly all SGS2 ICS build.. currently on LPQ.

The Following User Says Thank You to MMaster23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread