Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Call not sent" problem

Tip us?

ad_ek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default "Call not sent" problem

I've been having this problem for quite a while now. Halfway through a call, it disconnects, and I can't end the call, I'll hit the home button, and have to roll down notification screen, and end it from there. After that if I try to make a call, it just gives the error "call not sent". And I can't receive calls too. Only way to get it to work again, is by rebooting.

I've tried diff roms, flash to stock, wipe, etc problem still there.

I'm now on superatmos 3.0 with galaxy RC4.1.

fida khan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Its a long shot but try taking out sim card or try a different sim.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

atifsh
Old
Thanks Meter 350
if you on i9100 first using cwm wipe everything including system partition also boot if you have that option.
than flash stock ROM via Odin
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278

flash latest 2.3.6, i say go for la2. it will update your modem aswell. now see if you have same issues.

ad_ek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by atifsh View Post
if you on i9100 first using cwm wipe everything including system partition also boot if you have that option.
than flash stock ROM via Odin
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278

flash latest 2.3.6, i say go for la2. it will update your modem aswell. now see if you have same issues.
I have done this already problem still persist.

ad_ek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by fida khan View Post
Its a long shot but try taking out sim card or try a different sim.

I'm using an iPhone sim with an adaptor in my s2, could this be the cause?

fida khan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad_ek View Post
I'm using an iPhone sim with an adaptor in my s2, could this be the cause?
I'd try the sim change definitely. it's worth trying if only because sometimes its the obvious things that are the problem. Let us know how you get on

ad_ek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
But why does it happen only sometimes when on a call? Data network never has issues.

paWas2888
Old
(Last edited by paWas2888; 21st April 2013 at 04:33 PM.) Reason: For adding my personal email information
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same trouble with my Samsung Galaxy R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad_ek View Post
I've been having this problem for quite a while now. Halfway through a call, it disconnects, and I can't end the call, I'll hit the home button, and have to roll down notification screen, and end it from there. After that if I try to make a call, it just gives the error "call not sent". And I can't receive calls too. Only way to get it to work again, is by rebooting.

I've tried diff roms, flash to stock, wipe, etc problem still there.

I'm now on superatmos 3.0 with galaxy RC4.1.

Hi ad_ek,

I am experiencing identical problems in my Samsung Galaxy R (GT I9103) which I bought 15 months ago.
I am experiencing this problem since last couple of weeks.
Please do update me if you get a fix on this.

Regards,
Pawas
pawas2888@gmail.com

Ashtwinks
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default Same issue in Sgs2GT9100G 4.1.2

I also face this issue of "call not sent" in my stock SGS2 Gt9100G 4.1.2, this happens infrequently, have changed SIMS, cleared cache, cleared all data before flashing but not luck, is is got to do something with memory full?

reylo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have a similar issue for about 2 months on the SGS2. This is how it goes:

I first had CyanogenMod 10.1 with no problems at all until i installed total recall for the s2 (for legal purposes). Bad luck with that because after i installed it the phone didn't have any sound at all (music, calls, microphone, headset). I didn't have a backup so i had to reflash CM 10.1. Ok, for a while until i got reports that i don't receive phone calls, i was told that my phone was closed (even though it wasn't). Luckily i have a second phone. So, i restarted the phone, and it got back to normal. Next day, similar issue, and so on for a week until i decided to change the baseband. Did that, worked like a charm for a week and then it got back to not receiving phone calls. Decided to change to AOKP (06.15 - i later updated to 06.30 but had to downgrade to 06.15 again because android keyboard kept giving errors). No problems for a week, but finally the problem came back and persisted. Changed about 3 or 4 basebands with no luck. I sometimes check if i can send or receive calls with my other phone, and if i don't, i restart the phone and comes back to normal for a few hours or a day or two. Signal bars are full even when it doesn't work.

I got in huge trouble with this problem and i would really like a suggestion. Please help...

Tags
call