XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Factory reset after Rooting phone

Tip us?

cgplex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Factory reset after Rooting phone

Recently I factory reset my rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 without really thinking. Now on reboot, it seems to be stuck on the ' Samsung GALAXY SII GT-19100' start up screen (with the yellow triangle). I realized after I did the factory reset that it was a bad idea so any help would be greatly appreciated
If it helps, I am rooted with Jeboo Kernel

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1055
I've done a number of factory resets.....in both the android menu and cwm........
All it does is wipe any user installed apps and user settings.....it doesn't even get rid of photos taken using the phones camera......so it doesn't affect whether your phone boots or not.......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

cgplex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
I've done a number of factory resets.....in both the android menu and cwm........
All it does is wipe any user installed apps and user settings.....it doesn't even get rid of photos taken using the phones camera......so it doesn't affect whether your phone boots or not.......

So, how do I fix this problem. Cannot even turn off the phone as it goes black and then straight into this screen. Can get into download screen though.

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1055
OK....so you can't boot the phone....
And I'm guessing you can't access CWM?
In that case, you only really have one option......flash a stock firmware via Odin and re root.......

cgplex
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
OK....so you can't boot the phone....
And I'm guessing you can't access CWM?
In that case, you only really have one option......flash a stock firmware via Odin and re root.......

so i have everything set up: download mode, ODIN3 and the stock ROM, anything i should know before i flash?