Ask a question

No registration required

Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S2, Now it is stuck on Flashing Logo

OP twinsniper

30th April 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Okay, Okay, I know, this probably has been posted a lot, and I should have read all of those threads...well, I tried, its actually a lot harder than I thought. I rooted my phone, and it was going more or less fine, except it kept saying Viber could not open/has closed, and, thinking something was wrong after the whole root, I looked online, found advice to try a Soft Reset, and then a Hard one, and I did so, now, my phone boots up, and is stuck at the Samsung Logo. My info

Model : Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100T
SSN: I9100TGSMH
Loaded with Siyah kernel, and if I am meant to update it, I cant, because it keeps failing. I am downloading the Original Stock Firmware, or the one I believe is it, and wish to ask anyone If I should do something else first. Also, if I am downloading the wrong firmware (I9100XWLSN_I9100OXXLS8_NEE.zip), and there is a very good chance of that, plz tell me and direct me to the right one, and I believe I need a PIT file, but cant find one
Last edited by twinsniper; 30th April 2014 at 11:06 AM.
30th April 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
1) You're on the right track - Yes, you need to flash stock firmware with Odin; instructions in thread stickied near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.
2) Doesn't matter which stock firmware you use, as long as it's for I9100.
3) You don't need a PIT file. Do not flash PIT files unless you have a very specific reason for doing so (unless you want a busted phone) - a bootloop that will be fixed by simply flashing stock is not one of those reasons.

If you have problems with the flash, Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need in order to get a successful flash. If you find you flash stock successfully but still have bootloop (and a factory reset after the flash doesn't fix it), download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that (this will wipe your phone), then flash a stock rom for your country/carrier from there if you want to stay stock, or re-root your phone & flash custom rom/etc. Hopefully you won't need to do that & a simple flash of the stock rom you're downloading now will do the trick (which will not wipe your phone).
5th May 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Okay, thanks, sry about the giant wait for the reply, my net stuffed up quite badly, anyway, trying to flash it now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread