Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Failed attempt to repair S2

Tip us?

anubius
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] Failed attempt to repair S2

I thought that I am really smart and can easily repair S2. I ended up with two broken S2s and I thought I can make from them one working unit. One had a fried motherboard and another one had a broken screen. So what I did is flipped the motherboard to the device with intact screen. The device that I obtained works, however it lost IMEA. I tried almost everything like flashing kernels Roms and some methods to restore IMEA. Still it says Baseband unknown and no IMEA. Did I do something wrong? Is there still hope? Or I will have Galaxy player only. Any thoughts are appreciated.

-Marco
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubius View Post
I thought that I am really smart and can easily repair S2. I ended up with two broken S2s and I thought I can make from them one working unit. One had a fried motherboard and another one had a broken screen. So what I did is flipped the motherboard to the device with intact screen. The device that I obtained works, however it lost IMEA. I tried almost everything like flashing kernels Roms and some methods to restore IMEA. Still it says Baseband unknown and no IMEA. Did I do something wrong? Is there still hope? Or I will have Galaxy player only. Any thoughts are appreciated.
What you thinking? The IMEI is reset every time you remove the battery to buffer and removed the motherboard, for obvious safety reasons.
I do not think there are solutions, but now forgotten official assistance

Give me a THANKS if I helped you / you like my post
Italy developer
~CyanFox Team~

anubius
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Marco View Post
What you thinking? The IMEI is reset every time you remove the battery to buffer and removed the motherboard, for obvious safety reasons.
I do not think there are solutions, but now forgotten official assistance
So its unrepairable?

-Marco
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubius View Post
So its unrepairable?
No, but it's very hard beacuse you've to repair ALL MOTHERBOARD and change the battery-in-motherboard (it's near of camera chip).

Give me a THANKS if I helped you / you like my post
Italy developer
~CyanFox Team~