[Q] Failed rooting of phone, No longer working

Tip us?

ZK1990
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Failed rooting of phone, No longer working

Hello,

I recently made some mistakes with my Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 while following this a tutorial on Galaxys2root.com (Can't link to the precise article because this is my first post) I flashed the CWM recovery tool linked by this website to my device through the latest version of Odin and afterwards my phone would not turn on. I was able to get into the Clockwork recovery mode however but couldnt install anything because I had forgotten to place any ROMS on my device beforehand. To try and resolve the problem I did a factory reset in the recovery mode but this did not effect anything. I am now unsure what to do next. I would still like to root my phone so that I cant get rid of all the bloatware put on it by Orange mobile as well as update my phone to Kitkat(Currently running Android 2.2) Can someone tell me what I have done wrong and what is the next step for me to take?

Thank you for any help that you can offer

LYandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Default the kernel you flashed it is the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZK1990 View Post
Hello,

I recently made some mistakes with my Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 while following this a tutorial on Galaxys2root.com (Can't link to the precise article because this is my first post) I flashed the CWM recovery tool linked by this website to my device through the latest version of Odin and afterwards my phone would not turn on. I was able to get into the Clockwork recovery mode however but couldnt install anything because I had forgotten to place any ROMS on my device beforehand. To try and resolve the problem I did a factory reset in the recovery mode but this did not effect anything. I am now unsure what to do next. I would still like to root my phone so that I cant get rid of all the bloatware put on it by Orange mobile as well as update my phone to Kitkat(Currently running Android 2.2) Can someone tell me what I have done wrong and what is the next step for me to take?

Thank you for any help that you can offer
is this site you are talking about:
http://galaxys2root.com/cwmtwrp-recovery
im guessing that is the problem(Installing CWM/TWRP recovery will most likely break the ROM you are running currently as it overwrites the ROMís KERNEL).
If iam right,that means you have to flash another kernel,i suggest Siyah kernel 2.6.14 its for gingerbread version(it has CWM recovery and auto-root):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1263838
after that you can flash the KK rom you want through CWM .

XDA is the Best forum.
I monthly Pay 25 bucks for this ISP and i they gave me only 15 GB of monthly bandwith and 2 Mb/s of internet speed. is this fair or not?What about you???PM me for what type is your internet connection and speed...almost forgot also monthly bandwith.
Phone(s) i have currently:
Nokia 1280
Tablet(s) i have currently:
Samsung tab 3 10.1
Soon:Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
My guide for rooting Galaxy tab 3 10.1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531784