5,595,645 Members 44,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Failing to Flash ROM. (Status errors)

Tip us?

NEzverins
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Failing to Flash ROM. (Status errors)

So here I am again, after a while.
Have changed like hundred of ROMs about year ago on Galaxy S III and Galaxy S II, it was still time when newest android version was 4.1.2 i think.

So now i have a problem, big one. I bought Galaxy S II again, and wanted to flash new rom, because version that i had was 4.1.2.
It was horrible, i effd up my phone big time and flashed stock rom trough Odin, now its 4.0.3. It's old like my granny, but it's very fast. I'm spending like only 38% of my RAM.

But still i wanted to change ROM, and put on the new 4.4.2, but only that kind which don't takes more than 50% of ram.

Adding Screenie, so you can check out what kernel am I using.

using as stock rom - I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5 (file name)
and as root - CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5 (file name)

I Have tried to flash any of the ROMs trough CMW recovery with the kernel i have now, but still i got Failed to install update. Some kind of e:emmc (Status 7 error), i tried to fix it, fixed. But now I had Status 6 error. It seems that i can't open the update (ROM).

So i'm asking for help. Maybe some1, could give me the right ROM, right KERNEL and RECOVERY. and step-by-step guide to avoid those errors and fails.

I'm sorry if i'm posting new thread, but i can't really find and answer to my question and problem. I would be greatful if someone could just help me and guide trough this problem, if not here, then maybe in PM.

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEzverins View Post
But still i wanted to change ROM, and put on the new 4.4.2, but only that kind which don't takes more than 50% of ram.

I Have tried to flash any of the ROMs trough CMW recovery with the kernel i have now, but still i got Failed to install update. Some kind of e:emmc (Status 7 error), i tried to fix it, fixed. But now I had Status 6 error. It seems that i can't open the update (ROM).
You don't need a step to step guide. Just flash a kitkat compatible CWM (search for it), before flashing a kitkat rom. Everything else goes the same.
Search and read before asking questions!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310
The Following User Says Thank You to Christiaan91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vivek_Neel
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 16146

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So here I am again, after a while.
Have changed like hundred of ROMs about year ago on Galaxy S III and Galaxy S II, it was still time when newest android version was 4.1.2 i think.

So now i have a problem, big one. I bought Galaxy S II again, and wanted to flash new rom, because version that i had was 4.1.2.
It was horrible, i effd up my phone big time and flashed stock rom trough Odin, now its 4.0.3. It's old like my granny, but it's very fast. I'm spending like only 38% of my RAM.

Adding Screenie, so you can check out what kernel am I using.

using as stock rom - I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_I9100XXLPQ_HOME.tar.md5 (file name)
and as root - CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-v5.3-CWM5 (file name)

So i'm asking for help. Maybe some1, could give me the right ROM, right KERNEL and RECOVERY. and step-by-step guide to avoid those errors and fails.

I'm sorry if i'm posting new thread, but i can't really find and answer to my question and problem. I would be greatful if someone could just help me and guide trough this problem, if not here, then maybe in PM.
Hi

As long as your phone is rooted and have custom cwm

You can flash this kernel

Then dont reboot the system
Reboot to recovery
Full wipe
Flash kk rom zip
Flash gapps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Vivek_Neel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NEzverins
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thankyou very much both of you. Seems to me i just had old CMW. I installed new one, and sucessfully flashed rom and gapps.

The problem now is that file transfering, deleting and folder opening when connected USB is really slow or folders won't even open. So i really can't transfer any files from my PC.
Thanks.

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thankyou very much both of you. Seems to me i just had old CMW. I installed new one, and sucessfully flashed rom and gapps.

The problem now is that file transfering, deleting and folder opening when connected USB is really slow or folders won't even open. So i really can't transfer any files from my PC.
Thanks.
Make sure the screen is on and the phone is unlocked and try a different usb transferring modus.
Search and read before asking questions!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310
Tags
problem, status errors