Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,129 Members 45,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pleasev recovety mode in Kies & try again

Tip us?

SwitchBack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Exclamation Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pleasev recovety mode in Kies & try again

I have a Galaxy 2 and a few days ago I charged cell phone and I when took out it from the charge the phone didnt turn on.
I tried reinstall the rom but the installation fails in ODIN.
I tried different ROMs but all failed.

I took to lab and they said the device was burned inside probably due to power charging.
But it is very strange that the device enters DOWNLOAD and when I turn the phone appears a message:
Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pleasev recovety mode in Kies & try again

Maybe something could be done to save the phone?

Thanks for helpers

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
I presume we're talking about an I9100 ?

The repair shop you took it to is probably wrong/doesn't know what they're talking about; think about it, if something was 'burnt out' on the motherboard, the phone wouldn't boot at all. However, with that said, it is possible the NAND could be corrupted, which is sometimes the case with these.

Find Hopper8'd 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & try everything in that thread as many times as you have patience for/until you get a successful Odin flash, these cases are always fixed with persistence when they're actually recoverable (which is often the case when you still have download mode).

If you find after days of trying you can't get a successful flash, take it to another mobile repair shop. Most likely fix will be motherboard replacement as it's not feasible to just replace the NAND (very fiddly to do & would cost you more in labour than a motherboard replacement).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

SwitchBack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
I presume we're talking about an I9100 ?

The repair shop you took it to is probably wrong/doesn't know what they're talking about; think about it, if something was 'burnt out' on the motherboard, the phone wouldn't boot at all. However, with that said, it is possible the NAND could be corrupted, which is sometimes the case with these.

Find Hopper8'd 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & try everything in that thread as many times as you have patience for/until you get a successful Odin flash, these cases are always fixed with persistence when they're actually recoverable (which is often the case when you still have download mode).

If you find after days of trying you can't get a successful flash, take it to another mobile repair shop. Most likely fix will be motherboard replacement as it's not feasible to just replace the NAND (very fiddly to do & would cost you more in labour than a motherboard replacement).
I all day tried to falsh still is fail.
There is another way?

Please help me

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
I just did help you. I gave you the only help you can give in this situation.

The only way you're fixing this yourself is with a successful flash, and if you can't get that done, take it to a Samsung service centre or back to one of those local mobile repair shops.

There is no magic fix and no other way for you to fix this.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

SwitchBack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
I just did help you. I gave you the only help you can give in this situation.

The only way you're fixing this yourself is with a successful flash, and if you can't get that done, take it to a Samsung service centre or back to one of those local mobile repair shops.

There is no magic fix and no other way for you to fix this.
There is any file that can be install by odin that will fix the phone? expect of rom

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
*cough*

Final time I'm saying it. I've given you the only way to fix this. If this doesn't fix it, you can't fix it yourself. What is it exactly do you find so difficult to understand about this ?

They're your choices. Persist & hope for the best, sit there with a busted phone for however long you want to be in denial, or get the motherboard replaced if you're unable to fix it yourself.