Flash and do factory reset on S2 with brickbug? (Want to return totally to stock)

Search This thread

m0b1liz3

Feb 18, 2012
Apologies for bringing up an old topic.

Basically I stopped messing with this phone ages ago and plan to buy a new one.
My S2 was softbricked after trying to use clockwork methods with a semi current rom.

I used the app that verifies my phone has the bad chip.
I managed to get it back to a semi-normal state but now I just want to use odin and flash it back completely stock

I also want to do a factory reset since I plan to sell it. Is there any way to do this?

I just want to stop reading about this since it is an old phone and I have exams coming up. Can someone advise me of the simplest method to turn the phone back to stock + erase all my data, and not brick it in the process?

rohitarora27

Jul 7, 2013
gurgaon
Apologies for bringing up an old topic.

Basically I stopped messing with this phone ages ago and plan to buy a new one.
My S2 was softbricked after trying to use clockwork methods with a semi current rom.

I used the app that verifies my phone has the bad chip.
I managed to get it back to a semi-normal state but now I just want to use odin and flash it back completely stock

I also want to do a factory reset since I plan to sell it. Is there any way to do this?

I just want to stop reading about this since it is an old phone and I have exams coming up. Can someone advise me of the simplest method to turn the phone back to stock + erase all my data, and not brick it in the process?

tell me more about which rom & kernel do you have running on your sgs2 right now and i might be able to help you

try considering triangle away zip file to remove the traces off your phone being rooted ever
and wipe cache
wipe dalvik cache
format intsd
mount& wipe preloads
step wise -
1) Open Chainfire's Triangle Away app and press "Reset flash counter" to reset the counter and remove the triangle. It does not matter if there is no triangle already.

2) Do a nandroid backup using Clockworkmod recovery if necessary (to get to it; turn off your phone, press the power button, volume up button, and home button at the same time and hold it down for a while). This is done so that you can restore your original OS like I would want to after getting my phone back from Samsung if you're restoring it for that sole purpose.

3) (Mandatory) Wipe Data/Factory Reset in recovery menu. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, YOUR PHONE WILL BECOME STUCK ON THE "S" LOADING SCREEN. You also should wipe the cache partition and the internal SD card. The internal SD card in case you have any directories which may link you to rooting your phone, such as clockwork mod.

4) Restart into Download Mode and plug your phone into a windows computer.

5) Open Odin , click PDA, choose the STOCK kernel. Make sure that F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and the PDA checkboxes are checked and NOTHING ELSE.

don't forget to hit thanks if i helped solve your issue :)