Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can i flash my I9100T with a firmware meant for I9100?

OP da_aftamath

22nd October 2011, 08:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I recently bought a new phone and turns out the model is I9100T. I got it from thailand so not much of updates from kies.there is however an update to dcki3 . right now i am using dckf4. i want to root my phone and then install a european firmware.
my pda i9100tdck4
phone /csc i9100tdckf1/i9100tthlkf1

i came across many forums and they have a s2 with i9100g for malaysia which cannot be used to update with the firmwares that are available for i9100.?
so i just wanted to confirm it. has anyone tried using a i9100 firmware to update /flash with i9100t . and lastly, are there t models (refering to i9100t) the same ones that are being used in australia aswell?? are the only difference the firmware?
thanks in advance.
i have searched many the forum but didnt find an answer. i hope it will be useful to many user of the i9100t .
thanks in advance.!
19th March 2012, 09:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sunshine Coast
Thanks Meter: 81

316 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_aftamath

I recently bought a new phone and turns out the model is I9100T. I got it from thailand so not much of updates from kies.there is however an update to dcki3 . right now i am using dckf4. i want to root my phone and then install a european firmware.
my pda i9100tdck4
phone /csc i9100tdckf1/i9100tthlkf1

i came across many forums and they have a s2 with i9100g for malaysia which cannot be used to update with the firmwares that are available for i9100.?
so i just wanted to confirm it. has anyone tried using a i9100 firmware to update /flash with i9100t . and lastly, are there t models (refering to i9100t) the same ones that are being used in australia aswell?? are the only difference the firmware?
thanks in advance.
i have searched many the forum but didnt find an answer. i hope it will be useful to many user of the i9100t .
thanks in advance.!

Hi there, I know this is an old thread, but I thought i'd update it for new comers and googlers who come across this as I just did

I have flashed an ICS 4.0.3 LP7 Firmware over to an I9100T and the Firmware is an I9100 firmware, and I have no issues with it so far, signal and data speeds are fine and everything works as it should

I hope this helps somebody else
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread