Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

[Q] can't flash stock roms with odin i9100 [Resolved]

OP ArcturusD

31st October 2011, 07:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I'm currently unable to flash firmwares; whenever I try with ODIN it fails (does not progress) at boot.bin.

I'm on VillianROM 3 and I want to move to XXKI4.

I have tried using a series of separate files for XWKDF and the single .tar.md5 files. I've also tried using different USB ports, cables and wiping all data before flashing.
I have never selected .pit or repartition during a flash

I have killed all of the KIES processes using task manager.

I have access to download and CM recovery (restoring old backups does work but I still can't flash on top of them)

Any suggestions?
Last edited by ArcturusD; 1st November 2011 at 09:19 PM.
31st October 2011, 07:21 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,130

8,537 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcturusD

I'm currently unable to flash firmwares; whenever I try with ODIN it fails (does not progress) at boot.bin.

I'm on VillianROM 3 and I want to move to XXKI4.

I have tried using a series of separate files for XWKDF and the single .tar.md5 files. I've also tried using different USB ports, cables and wiping all data before flashing.
I have never selected .pit or repartition during a flash

I have killed all of the KIES processes using task manager.

I have access to download and CM recovery (restoring old backups does work but I still can't flash on top of them)

Any suggestions?

Go into recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache , wipe dalvik cache, go to mount and storage and format system, cache and data. Go over to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1113928 , find your country`s rom. Put the phone in downloadmode and flash it with odin. Be sure you have usb debugging enabled. After reboot go to settings, privacy and reset factory settings, reboot and you`re done
Last edited by gee2012; 31st October 2011 at 07:23 PM.
31st October 2011, 10:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Go into recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache , wipe dalvik cache, go to mount and storage and format system, cache and data. Go over to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1113928 , find your country`s rom. Put the phone in downloadmode and flash it with odin. Be sure you have usb debugging enabled. After reboot go to settings, privacy and reset factory settings, reboot and you`re done

Thanks for the suggestion but it hasn't worked It is still stalling at boot.bin when flashing via odin
31st October 2011, 11:48 PM   |  #4  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 173

1,819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcturusD

Thanks for the suggestion but it hasn't worked It is still stalling at boot.bin when flashing via odin

What version of Odin are you using? I use V1.85 and everything works fine for me on Window 7 Pro...
1st November 2011, 07:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I'm also using win 7 with odin 1.85. It's weird, I was previously able to use odin to flash stock roms but now it has stopped working (I've tried redownloading odin to make sure the files are okay but same result)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
1st November 2011, 01:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,451

2,015 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use another computer
The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2011, 01:20 PM   |  #7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,506

4,992 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is the phone in download mode?
1st November 2011, 03:20 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I've put the phone I'm to download mode using vol down + home + power and from the cwm app. The result is the same: fails at boot.bin

I'll see if I can try from another computer this evening

1st November 2011, 08:37 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Ok the suggestion to use a different computer has worked.

I've now also managed to re-root from the win 7 machine by setting up a new user account and running odin from there. I'll update the thread title to resolved

7th November 2011, 06:11 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
More
having the same problem using win7 ultimate, odin doesn't like win7 or what?

what if I dont have access to another computer?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxys2, odin
Previous Thread Next Thread