Galaxy S 2 video editor

Tip us?

dane_griff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Galaxy S 2 video editor

Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S 2, and am having a big problem using the Video Editor application that's pre-installed.

I have over 30 videos on my device, 29 of which are on sd card under a folder from my previous phone, 1 of which is in the Samsung Camera folder. When I try to add a video, only 4 appear in the Video Editor library; the 1 from the Camera folder, and 3 from the previous phone folder.

I have checked all the video file details, and all are the same apart from the size. I have moved the previous phone videos into the Samsung Camera folder and still nothing, the same 4 videos only appear.

Would really appreciate any help to solve this problem I'm experiencing.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

hyperbolic
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Which files are the 4 files that works, and which files are the files that doesn't work ?
Please be specific about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hyperbolic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prodygee
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Yea, speaking about the resolution, file-type. Because these two are the main reasons of files not showing up.
[B]HTC Hero HTC Desire Samsung Galaxy S II
& iPhone 4S 16GB

MIUI, always up-to-date AND in Dutch (Nederlands) over here! - Now with OTA Updates
The Following User Says Thank You to prodygee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dane_griff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for your response. Of the 4 files that appear in the video editor, 3 were captured on my previous phone and are .3gp format; and 1 was captured on my sgs2 and is .mp4 format. Of the files that don't appear in the video editor library, they were from my previous phone in .3gp format.

I'm pretty sure that when i first had the phone, all the videos appeared in the video editor library. I did try renaming one video yesterday, would that really affect it?

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

dane_griff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry for being a time waster, but I have now solved what was causing the problem.

The reason that only 3 files from my previous phone were appearing in the video editor library, is because those 3 files were 1280x720 resolution; whereas the files that did not appear were 800x480; so lower resolution videos will not appear in the library.