Galaxy S 2 video editor

OP dane_griff

7th August 2011, 03:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Hi all,

I have a Galaxy S 2, and am having a big problem using the Video Editor application that's pre-installed.

I have over 30 videos on my device, 29 of which are on sd card under a folder from my previous phone, 1 of which is in the Samsung Camera folder. When I try to add a video, only 4 appear in the Video Editor library; the 1 from the Camera folder, and 3 from the previous phone folder.

I have checked all the video file details, and all are the same apart from the size. I have moved the previous phone videos into the Samsung Camera folder and still nothing, the same 4 videos only appear.

Would really appreciate any help to solve this problem I'm experiencing.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
7th August 2011, 03:33 PM   |  #2  
Sin City
Thanks Meter: 420

307 posts
Which files are the 4 files that works, and which files are the files that doesn't work ?
Please be specific about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to hyperbolic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 61

598 posts
More
Yea, speaking about the resolution, file-type. Because these two are the main reasons of files not showing up.
The Following User Says Thank You to prodygee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2011, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Thanks for your response. Of the 4 files that appear in the video editor, 3 were captured on my previous phone and are .3gp format; and 1 was captured on my sgs2 and is .mp4 format. Of the files that don't appear in the video editor library, they were from my previous phone in .3gp format.

I'm pretty sure that when i first had the phone, all the videos appeared in the video editor library. I did try renaming one video yesterday, would that really affect it?

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
8th August 2011, 07:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Sorry for being a time waster, but I have now solved what was causing the problem.

The reason that only 3 files from my previous phone were appearing in the video editor library, is because those 3 files were 1280x720 resolution; whereas the files that did not appear were 800x480; so lower resolution videos will not appear in the library.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread