[Q] Galaxy S II GT-I9100G usb driver

OP jackson.james

21st November 2011, 08:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
More
hi guys, i bought a Galaxy S II GT-I9100G two weeks back and everything was running good and i updated the firmware through the official site to DZKJ2 (Android ver. 2.3.6) and now when i connect my phone to my pc via usb it shows unknown device and i dont see the usb mount option on the drop down notication menu .. and now i am in total mess .. can only transfer files via wifi .. someone help me out .. havnt rooted my phone as yet .. but first this needs to be fixed in order to root the phone i guess ... H E L P
22nd November 2011, 01:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chunan,Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson.james

hi guys, i bought a Galaxy S II GT-I9100G two weeks back and everything was running good and i updated the firmware through the official site to DZKJ2 (Android ver. 2.3.6) and now when i connect my phone to my pc via usb it shows unknown device and i dont see the usb mount option on the drop down notication menu .. and now i am in total mess .. can only transfer files via wifi .. someone help me out .. havnt rooted my phone as yet .. but first this needs to be fixed in order to root the phone i guess ... H E L P

try this:

Turn on USB debugging mode in galaxy s2 from Setting>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
22nd November 2011, 02:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson.james

This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

* Repair USB connection for any Samsung Android phone

Reference: search youtube for "Samsung kies wont connect my samsung galaxy s!? (fix!)"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to teenvista For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2011, 06:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenvista

This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

Reference: search youtube for "Samsung kies wont connect my samsung galaxy s!? (fix!)"

thanks alot mate .. it worked
23rd December 2011, 02:10 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
@teenvista, Thanks a lot! That worked. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for making their users go through such obscure steps to get one of their flagship phones working with their own software.
23rd December 2011, 02:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyXp

@teenvista, Thanks a lot! That worked. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for making their users go through such obscure steps to get one of their flagship phones working with their own software.

Its not the normal method of entering USB its for f**** up phones .

jje
1st February 2012, 02:49 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

hi, i was searching for solution for quite sometime. tried yours and worked perfectly, thanks!
6th March 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #8  
Flag Delhi

9 posts
More
Quote:

This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

this worked for me. Thanks.
6th March 2012, 11:20 AM   |  #9  
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 142

348 posts
More
Thumbs up Yo Yo Yo
Yeah!... the perfect one... it worked dude... may god give you infinite years of age...
13th March 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #10  
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 142

348 posts
More
Arrow New thread for the I9100G users
Added a new thread for this G variant in the General discussions forum plus having a poll.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1545307

Post your questions!!!

Thank me if you liked my work. Love you all..REALLY!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Paras Lehana For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread