Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 43,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S II GT-I9100G usb driver

Tip us?

jackson.james
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Galaxy S II GT-I9100G usb driver

hi guys, i bought a Galaxy S II GT-I9100G two weeks back and everything was running good and i updated the firmware through the official site to DZKJ2 (Android ver. 2.3.6) and now when i connect my phone to my pc via usb it shows unknown device and i dont see the usb mount option on the drop down notication menu .. and now i am in total mess .. can only transfer files via wifi .. someone help me out .. havnt rooted my phone as yet .. but first this needs to be fixed in order to root the phone i guess ... H E L P

lorkanoel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson.james View Post
hi guys, i bought a Galaxy S II GT-I9100G two weeks back and everything was running good and i updated the firmware through the official site to DZKJ2 (Android ver. 2.3.6) and now when i connect my phone to my pc via usb it shows unknown device and i dont see the usb mount option on the drop down notication menu .. and now i am in total mess .. can only transfer files via wifi .. someone help me out .. havnt rooted my phone as yet .. but first this needs to be fixed in order to root the phone i guess ... H E L P

try this:

Turn on USB debugging mode in galaxy s2 from Setting>Applications>Development>USB Debugging

teenvista
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson.james View Post
This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

* Repair USB connection for any Samsung Android phone

Reference: search youtube for "Samsung kies wont connect my samsung galaxy s!? (fix!)"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to teenvista For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackson.james
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenvista View Post
This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

2. On the cell phone, dial the following number: *#7284# Once the last # is hit, the PhoneUtil application is launched. Choose USB -> Modem and then USB -> PDA mode. The good mode should be PDA. Even if the mode is PDA, switch to Modem and then back to PDA.

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

Reference: search youtube for "Samsung kies wont connect my samsung galaxy s!? (fix!)"
thanks alot mate .. it worked

MyXp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@teenvista, Thanks a lot! That worked. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for making their users go through such obscure steps to get one of their flagship phones working with their own software.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyXp View Post
@teenvista, Thanks a lot! That worked. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for making their users go through such obscure steps to get one of their flagship phones working with their own software.

Its not the normal method of entering USB its for f**** up phones .

jje

ed23
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

hi, i was searching for solution for quite sometime. tried yours and worked perfectly, thanks!

iam123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
This worked for me

1. Unplug the USB cable

3. Plug the USB cable.

Note:

this worked for me. Thanks.

Paras Lehana
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Thumbs up Yo Yo Yo

Yeah!... the perfect one... it worked dude... may god give you infinite years of age...

Paras Lehana
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Arrow New thread for the I9100G users

Added a new thread for this G variant in the General discussions forum plus having a poll.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1545307

Post your questions!!!

Thank me if you liked my work. Love you all..REALLY!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Paras Lehana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]