[Q] Is it possible to Sim unlock with Cyanogenmod installed?

OP eyesofnova

28th March 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
My girlfriend is selling her old Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S2 sgh-t989 that had Android 4.02 on it asked me to clean it up so she could sell it because it ran very slow so I installed Cyanogenmod because its lightweight and also assuming it would unlock it for the carriers. After a bit of reading, on this forum I discovered my assumptions we're wrong. Now my question is this, the person who she sold it to is on AT&T. With Cyanogenmod on it, if she calls up AT&T will they still be able to unlock it or should I flash it with a stock rom?
30th March 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
bump
31st March 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,819

4,160 posts
More
Better flash stock rom...
I really dont know about carrier locked phones (no such trend in india) but still it would be better or else one may say that the phone has been tempered(correct word??) wid
31st March 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Internal Storage
Thanks Meter: 474

2,669 posts
More
You can not unlock it on custom ROMs with apps, only from pc at a service store(perhaps), on stock 4.1.2 it is possible with various apps like GalaxSim( I recommend it, altho it's paid nowadays) and Chainfire's app(I don't think it works anymore though)
1st April 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
It's possible, I used the old version of galaxsim to unlock my Telstra locked i9100t and it worked like a charm. I'm pretty sure you can get it free as an apk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread