11th July 2011, 03:37 AM   |  #11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 55

442 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcellx

Hello,

I am afraid of bricking the galaxy s2, where is the tutorial can you send me a link to the video please? This cynogen mod whats so special about it, is it better than the stocked gingerbread that comes with the galaxy s2 ?

redcellx

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

You can't brick through Odin, unless you disconnect during flashing the radio. You have actually more chance of bricking your phone during a kies update as its buggy and crashes out quite a lot;(

JD@XDA

Sent from my Samsung Galactic Crusader S II
11th July 2011, 03:41 AM   |  #12  
Flag London

442 posts
More
Quote:

Hello,

I am afraid of bricking the galaxy s2, where is the tutorial can you send me a link to the video please? This cynogen mod whats so special about it, is it better than the stocked gingerbread that comes with the galaxy s2 ?

redcellx

Cyanogen mod is android in its purest form built purely from open source. Its then tweaked to add special menus and options to give it an extra edge. Also it gives the latest OS to the masses earlier. The desire HD has only just got gingerbread, cm has given gingerbread to the desire HD for about 6 months)) this is its beauty

JD@XDA

11th July 2011, 03:43 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Hello,

I have a mac is odin ...... mac compliant ?
Where do I get this Odin application ?

Thanks
redcell x
11th July 2011, 03:44 AM   |  #14  
Flag London

442 posts
More
Quote:

Hello,

I have a mac is odin ...... mac compliant ?
Where do I get this Odin application ?

Thanks
redcell x

Not sure mate, I'm a windows user, the Odin link is in the thread I gave you at the bottom of the OP

JD@XDA

11th July 2011, 03:50 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Hello,

Is cynogen mod available for the galaxy s2 yet ? So in essence CM is better than stocked android on the galaxy s2. If i am understand correctly I can use odin to root, update and get a better and newer version of android before it is officially out. This is awesome. Whats the downside, do i need drivers, does it drains the battery etc, will i still have touchwiz ?
11th July 2011, 04:35 AM   |  #16  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Don't listen all this tech oriented guys. If before you use your iPhone as-is, you don't need any kind of Odins, firmwares et cetera. Samsung Kies found any official updates, and with two mouse clicks you can install this on your phone. Thats all.

Samsung Galaxy II have very impressive tech parameters, but really disappointing with software. It is reason why people looking for another ROMs flashing this trough Odin and so on, but still no one from this ROMs don't resolve all problems and bugs..
And keep in mind - in case of failure - you can brick your phone and/or loose guaranties..

And I agree with qwerty warrior..
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty warrior

stay on the safe side
when u start learning more about android
then move to the next stage

The Following User Says Thank You to Ex_silentio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2011, 06:26 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 144

1,422 posts
What's wrong with the software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_silentio

Don't listen all this tech oriented guys. If before you use your iPhone as-is, you don't need any kind of Odins, firmwares et cetera. Samsung Kies found any official updates, and with two mouse clicks you can install this on your phone. Thats all.

Samsung Galaxy II have very impressive tech parameters, but really disappointing with software. It is reason why people looking for another ROMs flashing this trough Odin and so on, but still no one from this ROMs don't resolve all problems and bugs..
And keep in mind - in case of failure - you can brick your phone and/or loose guaranties..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
11th July 2011, 10:37 AM   |  #18  
Flag London

442 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_silentio

Not good advice if you want to stay dumb to the advances made Its not so techy)

JD@XDA

11th July 2011, 10:41 AM   |  #19  
Flag London

442 posts
More
intruda119;15539446]What's wrong with the software?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App[/QUOTE]

I would not try and work this dude out, seems like another trying to block people from advancing from scared user into confident intelligent informed user...

JD@XDA

11th July 2011, 08:11 PM   |  #20  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intruda119

What's wrong with the software?

Just look at custom ROMs features. Lag fix, lag fix, lag fix..

For example - I have been using HTC Desire Z & HTC HD - and HTC original soft is much more better then Samsung. Not ideal, of course, but much better! But Samsung have better hardware and screens..

I do not want to discourage people from learning! No! I only ask to do it gradually and safely! Each with a time can begin to flash the phone and use custom ROMs, but not the very next day after switching from iPhone to Android.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.0, galaxy s2, ice cream sandwhich, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread