Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unfortunately Android Keyboard Has Stopped

Tip us?

cblock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Unfortunately Android Keyboard Has Stopped

So I have been running CM10 nightlies since they first came out for the I9100int.
Been loving them, they seem to work really well, however last night I started getting the error, "android keyboard (aosp) has stopped working"
Fortunately I have a second keyboard to use, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this error.
I cannot seem to find much about it anywhere, so I figured Ill ask the source.
I have cleared the keyboard cache, but that doesnt make any difference.

The last time this happened I had to do a full flash and I was hoping to avoid that.
even reverting to a backup hasnt seemed to fix it, so Im not sure if my backup had the issue too.
anyways, just thought Id throw this out there for any help.
Otherwise Id like to give a HUGE thanks to all the developers with this project, I love my S2 more and more with constant updates they provide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cblock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockRatt
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,539
Go into menu/system/apps and find android keyboard asop and CLEAR DATA Then do the same for Dictionary Provider and CLEAR DATA.

Sent from My SGH-I777 Running Red Reaper Rom
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to RockRatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cblock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt View Post
Go into menu/system/apps and find android keyboard asop and CLEAR DATA Then do the same for Dictionary Provider and CLEAR DATA.

SICK!!! thanks so much this worked perfectly..

sdmf6247
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up T869

Awesome. Worked like a charm on my SGH-T869 running CyanogenMod Ver. 10-20121007--T869.

philip_rhoades
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

On my Galaxy Note N7000 after an install of the current nightly CM10, some weeks later I get this message and the only way I can fix it is with a Factory Reset/wipe. This has happened a few times now. From the Settings app, I can get into System/Apps but there are no options like you mention above . .

It would be nice not to have to use the Factory Reset/wipe method . . is there a way of using your method on the N7000?

Thanks,

Phil.

Subbu9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblock View Post
SICK!!! thanks so much this worked perfectly..
I really can not find Dictionary Provider anywhere. Where is it??

Thanks in advance

Skw8er
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I have Sprint's S3 and when I flashed CM10 on it, I keep getting "android keyboard (aosp) has stopped working". I just flashed it so I don't have any other why to type or even get logged into the play store to download a new keyboard. Please help.

tivotron
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu9 View Post
I really can not find Dictionary Provider anywhere. Where is it??

Thanks in advance
I too cannot find "Dictionary Provider" anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Galaxy Nexus
CM10

fozzy169
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When you go setting/apps, make sure you swipe to the right so it says ALL at the top, not just downloaded, they're in there. I just had the same error hence my search here. Following the advice above worked for me on cyanogen mod

speed_boy
Old
(Last edited by speed_boy; 3rd December 2012 at 11:51 AM.) Reason: can't detelt post
Thanks Meter 6
=deleted=