Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy s2 charging port problem

Tip us?

treble4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Galaxy s2 charging port problem

For the last week now when ever I charge the phone and unplug it it is still showing as charging do I just need to factory reset the phone or is the phone in need of repair cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
samsung galaxy s3
uk
The Following User Says Thank You to treble4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

treble4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
also when pulling battery and re inserting i get a yellow triangle with exclamation mark and a temp gage what does that mean ?
samsung galaxy s3
uk

inzimam
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have a similar problem.

No matter what charger I use, the phone randomly switches between charging and non-charging state.

Is this a problem with software or the port.

Just to clarify, I can hold the phone upside down, hanging from the charging cable, or wiggle the charger and it will continue to charge. The above error is just random. This leads me to believe it is a software or battery problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inzimam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

treble4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
well after flashing back to o2 ke7 all is well again so must of been software related
samsung galaxy s3
uk

NIK516
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Mine makes the plug and unplug sound randomly, sometimes it wakes me up at night and its not plugged in.

The Following User Says Thank You to NIK516 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

666fff
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIK516 View Post
Mine makes the plug and unplug sound randomly, sometimes it wakes me up at night and its not plugged in.

It wants you to play with it.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 666fff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

inzimam
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIK516 View Post

This happens to mine too. I'm on the stock unbranded firmware and haven't rooted our updated. This problem randomly appeared about a month ago.

plazzTT
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I've just started seeing this problem now in the past few days.

When I unplug the charger, either the battery charging icon stays on, or the "Battery full, unplug charger" notification stays there.

The big problem is if I turn off the phone. After shutdown, the screen stays on showing two different icons (changes between them every few seconds). One icon is a battery half full or so, the other is an empty battery with a yellow triangle and a icon of a thermometer next to it.

When this happens, I can't turn on the phone. The only way I can turn on the phone when this happens is to plug in the charger, start up, then remove the charger again.

I'm on rooted KG2, XWKDD kernel. Bit worried about this, I'll try another ROM & kernel but I don't think it's software related?

StupidIdea
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1284

DONATE TO ME
It is discussed in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1132588

Summary:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=13

Cleaning USB port and in some times bending USB PCB downwards solves the problem.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StupidIdea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

treble4
Old
(Last edited by treble4; 15th August 2011 at 10:06 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazzTT View Post
I've just started seeing this problem now in the past few days.

When I unplug the charger, either the battery charging icon stays on, or the "Battery full, unplug charger" notification stays there.

The big problem is if I turn off the phone. After shutdown, the screen stays on showing two different icons (changes between them every few seconds). One icon is a battery half full or so, the other is an empty battery with a yellow triangle and a icon of a thermometer next to it.

When this happens, I can't turn on the phone. The only way I can turn on the phone when this happens is to plug in the charger, start up, then remove the charger again.

I'm on rooted KG2, XWKDD kernel. Bit worried about this, I'll try another ROM & kernel but I don't think it's software related?
thats exactly the problem i had its started doing it again but only when i have an unnofficial battery in the sg2 its fine on the sammy one as stated i bent the usb slightly down and even the unofficial battery seems to be playing nice
samsung galaxy s3
uk