Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy s2 charging port problem

Tip us?

thom_484
Old
Thanks Meter 1
try ton change your cable ...

swissd8
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am having the same problem with my phone, it thinks it's always connected to usb. It just started happening when the weather got really cold last week, must have been the condensation some people are talking about.
Anyway it's still bugged after 10 days, I'll send it in for repair, cleaning the port didn't help.

bradstar187
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default s2 conection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoo View Post
Mine is going to be repaired in two weeks.
I was the 8th SGS2 since tuesday which came in the repair center.

The repair guy said it is a manifacturing fault.
The phone gets hots, and outside temperature is cold, so it makes moisture in the phone.
This cause the phones power management to get fu up (SGS2 has a small battery inside of it, and that gets fu up). Only fix is replace hardware, but 9 of 10 times Samsung gives the fault to the customer. They say it has water damage and can't be fixed in warrenty...

I'm going to write a huge article about it, and I hope it will get published by a lot of site's soon. Phones he admitted having the problem: SGS1, SGS2 and SGSN.

How much did you have to pay if its not covered by warrenty.
Ive also got the saw problem. ive had cpw to flash it but still the same. also how long did it take to repare it.

ewok666
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
I think with new LPB ICS FW there is one more issue with battery..
Everything was working fine in ICS leaked FW till last night.
But .. Suddenly phones light lit up while charging, i thought it has fully charged. But it was just 67%.
Then this happened few times.
After that i unplugged the phone and started doing something on it. Suddenly Tap to Talk opened automatically and closed.
It happend many times. I rebooted, but it kept on happening.
I switched the phone off, but it turned on itself after some time.
I plugged in the charger, but it dint charge.
I tried USB, same result but a promp, charging pause due to over voltage.
I took out the battery for whole night an d put it on in morning.
Same tap to talk and not charging.
Then flashed back to original stock 2.3.6 and now it seems to be good.

Anyone having same issues.

For ur info i flashed ICS on Friday, and till last night there were no issues and i dint installed anything new.
Same problem here. All good initially on LPH. Then after a few days the phone thought it was connected to a charger when it was not. No moisture of any kind and nothing would fix it.

Flashed back to 2.3.6 and have not had the issue since. Maybe a bug somewhere in the ICS code that makes it overly sensitive.

gezscott
Old
Thanks Meter 0
my 6 month old sg2 has the same problems with going into car mode and not turning off etc.
tried cleaning it. in the end phoned smasung to log a repair (the reseller was not interested as passed 28 days old) and sent to birmingham for repair (inter city i think) and today they phoned me to say water damged just as lot of other people on here and they would not fix it under warranty.
I complained to samsung and there not interested and said they have to take the word of the reapir shopm, theyalso said thery have no record of other problems like this with there customers. based on this forum alone that clearly is very wrong.
And the repair shop want 45 to fix it. and also now my warranty is viod because of the damage unless i pay for it to be repaired then the work will be covered and my warranty will be valid again. this is a joke.
Which car phone wharehouse shop is fixing the phones? as i have asked for a second opion.
Maybe i should just pay the 45. or change the flex cable myself for 6 and then have no warranty which is practiclly useless anyway. just sounds a little dauting to change this.
my nearest cpw repair shop is coventry about 15 miles away.

chrisjcks
Old
Thanks Meter 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by treble4 View Post
For the last week now when ever I charge the phone and unplug it it is still showing as charging do I just need to factory reset the phone or is the phone in need of repair cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
This happened to my SGS2, i sent it in for repair.

It also wouldn't let me turn off the phone, it would turn itself back on.

Faulty USB slot, probably dirty but I tried cleaning mine & it didn't help it.

This was before I was aware of mobile odin, i was worried sending it in as it was rooted, with villainrom installed - but they still fixed it.

Although, my screen is definitely a different one - the auto brightness is alot darker on this one, but no big deal.

I believe they replaced the guts of it all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Phone: Google Nexus 4 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Phablet: Nexus 7 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Tablet: Motorola Xoom (Stock Locked / Jelly Bean 4.1.2)

gezscott
Old
Thanks Meter 0
well i payed for my phone to be fixed. and got it back today and they have replaced the USB board and it seems ok now.
Even though i paid the would not give me back the old part as i wanted to see it and said it had to go back to samsung.
Aslo after i agreed to reluctantly pay they pahoned me back for the unlock code of the phone. so that was the first time the tried to turn it on. makes you wonder if they looked at the usb board at all as i gave thme so much info about the problem. and they most likley knew what it was with out looking and gave me a deafult response of water damage.

baskabas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up cleaned miniUSB port with a staple

I also got this problem suddenly... a few days after I flashed a new ROM and and a night of intense Tower Defence.
I was worried that I broke something because I gamed while charging...

After reading this thread I cleaned out the miniUSB port (had some dust in it) thoroughly with a bend staple and the problem dissappeared.
Nice!

ficaccia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same big problem here

hi
I have the same yellow triangle/ thermometer problem

and now I cant recharge my gs2

I made a firmware upgrade (from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3 but not sure and i cant verify) yesterday so I am quite sure it is not any dust / dirty issue

any advice???

plan b : how can I downgrade and back to the previous release?
if I find a way to charge

P L E A S E H E L P

kouray
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Same problem here. I've been reading a bit about it on internet but it looks like it starts generalizing a lot (good job Samsung !).

First of all, it's no software issue. Yes, changing rom might make the issue "disappear" for a day or two, but it is not a fix. The first advice that fixed the issue for some people was to clean the port with a qtip and alcohol (very little alcohol, don't dip your qtip in your bottle of 90% alcohol and then put it on your device).
Just take of the battery, put a bit of alcohol on the qtip to make it humid and try to clean gently as much as you can the inside of the port. Let it dry (the guy who suggested that advised to let it dry 24 hours, but I think 12 would be safe enough).

That should fix the issue for a while for some of us, but you should also get a replacement port on ebay for when it breaks for real (because I'm sure it's gonna).

Good luck
Poop

The Following User Says Thank You to kouray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]