Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is my Galaxy S2 "Dead"?

OP razvy123

20th April 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello! So.. I have a problem and i sincerely don't know what to do. 3 days ago, after a day of use (everything went ok for a while) i came home, i grabbed the charger and pluged it into my phone so it can..charge(nothing out of ordinary). After like 1 hour, i took my phone, unpluged it from the charger and pressed the on/off button to open my phone, check my gmail,facebook, the usual..buuuuuut it won't open..
For the first couple of minutes i thought it was just a bug and tried to restart it(take the battery out, wait 1 minute, put it back in, press "the button" and so on) but still it would not start. RESEARCH TIME!
After this, i went online from my laptop and started looking for explanations regarding why is my phone (i am trying to avoid the word but..) maybe "bricked"..

Here is a video i found online that explains what my phone is behaving like: "*SOLVED* SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 wont turn on, in description"
(i can't post links )
IMPORTANT
- My S2 has the official software ( JB 4.1.2)
- Never rooted my phone
- Never tryed to change anything to the software
- Did a couple of factory resets in the last 1 and a half year just to refresh it(so it is not such an old phone)
- It is not under warranty

Ok.. after 1 day of research i tryed the following methods:
-went into recovery mode and did a factory reset to it, erased the cache, rebooted it etc..still nothing
-when i saw it was not working, i went further into the download mode. Odin on my computer, official firmware downloaded(4.1.2) ready to go..
After i waited for a couple of minutes so Odin would do it's magic, the little window( In odin, the one with factoryfs, cache,hidden etc.) reached the "Reset" status, the blue bar on my phone dissapread and it started to reboot.. but here everything got out of control.. my phone started to reboot like this: samsung logo on for a few seconds, and then the green android with the blue things spinning appeared on the screen but just for one second, and then, it was gone...and the phone started to repeat itself.. i mean the logo and the green android again and again, without any improovment and way to stop it.. so i pulled the battery out and started thinking for other solutions..
OK, after i saw this, i tried again with the 4.1.2 one, and then with the 4.0.4 one(i thought maybe an older soft would help me) but still it wouldn't go through all the way( ok honnestly i think this one was the one that wasn't stuck rlly on the green android screen but on the samsung startup screen with the S sign on)..
the end..

Sorry for the long story but i really don't know what to do with my phone
I am willing to listen to any solution you guys can offer..thanks
20th April 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #2  
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129

323 posts
Keep flashing different firmwares and take a look at this guide
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/help/guide-26-12-flash-stock-firmware-rom-t2365701
20th April 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3,124

5,528 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...guide-t2345831
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread