5,599,616 Members 43,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy s2 ,, opening driving mode,voice talk auto (Help)

Tip us?
 
al3shah
Old
(Last edited by al3shah; 18th July 2011 at 03:33 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default Galaxy s2 ,, opening driving mode,voice talk auto (Help)

Hi Guys...

I have samsung galaxy s2 .. i love it .. but since 1 week the phone is acting crazy .. and i did everything i know to solve that crazy thing
but it's not working at all
when i start the phone .. its fine .. but after a while like 1 minute .. driving mode enables its self Automatically .. and the voice talk comes on the screen ..!!
i tried to disable it .. but it comes on again and again .. and phone sometimes says that the USB is plugged on and charging .. when it's already not !! .. and sometimes it says that im plugging AC on the usb port .. when i plug it on my pc !!and the auto rotate for the screen is allways enabled .. even it was disabled on the settings!! .. and when i set the powr off .. it runs again by it self!
i tried to wipe data to factory,wipe cache, changed the Kernil , even change the whole rom to other roms .. but the problem is still comming ..!
Please help and i'll be thankfull
i love the phone and i dont wanna lose it
 
al3shah
Old
(Last edited by al3shah; 18th July 2011 at 04:25 PM.)
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
im waiting for help
 
Archer
Old
#3  
Archer's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 3734
Posts: 13,310
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northampton
It's possible that it's a software problem, but I strongly suspect this is a hardware issue. Sorry to say that RTM may be the only answer!
.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
.
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

.

.
 
al3shah
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux View Post
It's possible that it's a software problem, but I strongly suspect this is a hardware issue. Sorry to say that RTM may be the only answer!
thanks..

idk about that .. i mean i'v seen alot of members have the same problem!!
those problems came all at once .. do you meen that there is something wrong in samsung factory that causes this problem?
well actually this is a big mistake that samsung made .. if that's true
im in truble couse i ordered this device from spain and i live in saudi arabia ,, its gonna be so hard to return it back there :l
i wish it still a software problem !
 
Archer
Old
#5  
Archer's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 3734
Posts: 13,310
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3shah View Post
thanks..

idk about that .. i mean i'v seen alot of members have the same problem!!
those problems came all at once .. do you meen that there is something wrong in samsung factory that causes this problem?
well actually this is a big mistake that samsung made .. if that's true
im in truble couse i ordered this device from spain and i live in saudi arabia ,, its gonna be so hard to return it back there :l
i wish it still a software problem !
Like I said, you can't rule out a software issue, but it sounds more likely that there's a physical problem with the USB port and it's making the phone think it's in car mode every now and then. If it were a software issue then I think we'd see a LOT more people with the issue. When you think about how many SGS2 users there are on XDA, and compare that to the number of people who have had this issue you'll see that it's a tiny number really. That definitely sounds more like a manufacturing issue than a software one.
.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
.
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

.

.
The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
al3shah
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmolyneux View Post
Like I said, you can't rule out a software issue, but it sounds more likely that there's a physical problem with the USB port and it's making the phone think it's in car mode every now and then. If it were a software issue then I think we'd see a LOT more people with the issue. When you think about how many SGS2 users there are on XDA, and compare that to the number of people who have had this issue you'll see that it's a tiny number really. That definitely sounds more like a manufacturing issue than a software one.
i agree with you actually .. it seems like a hardware problem .. not a software one cuz i literally changed everything on the device .. kernel,rom everything .. but hardware !
let's wish that it's a software problem even if we were 99% sure that it's a hardwore issue ...
thanks again ..
 
Archer
Old
#7  
Archer's Avatar
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 3734
Posts: 13,310
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by al3shah View Post
i agree with you actually .. it seems like a hardware problem .. not a software one cuz i literally changed everything on the device .. kernel,rom everything .. but hardware !
let's wish that it's a software problem even if we were 99% sure that it's a hardwore issue ...
thanks again ..
Absolutely! I wish you luck mate.
.
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
.
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

.

.
The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
al3shah
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jul 2011
i restored the orginal rom,kernel
30 mins now no problems yet!
 
Marsag
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2011
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S2. It started like a week ago or something. I tried to upgrade the firmware to the latest, but it seemed like that only made it worse. I haven't rooted my phone, so I'm obviously using the stock rom. Any tips to what I should try to do? It's a really annoying problem.
 
htc9420
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 317
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsag View Post
I have the same problem with my Galaxy S2. It started like a week ago or something. I tried to upgrade the firmware to the latest, but it seemed like that only made it worse. I haven't rooted my phone, so I'm obviously using the stock rom. Any tips to what I should try to do? It's a really annoying problem.
Car mode is triggered by a certain resistance value between pin 4 and 5 on micro usb plug, either dirt, oil, sweat on exterior part of it (most likely) or some condensation/oil on the inner part- where it's soldered to the the mainboard.

My advice would be to take out the battery and try to clean it with small brush, contact spray ( make sure it dries out before attaching the battery)....or go to a phone repair center to have the plug cleaned...
it should do the trick

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htc9420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes