Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 BRICKED, Help me!

Tip us?

nguyenducanh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] My Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 BRICKED, Help me!

I Get a notification about the update to version 4.4 BETA 1 of Paranoid Android rom, after downloaded, i flash it via CWM normaly, then flash gapps, but when the phone reboot it stucked at the Galaxy S2 boot logo, and it can boot into recovery, only download mode, but when i open odin to flash CWM but odin can't access the phone and i can't flash, i tried to install usb driver but not success, so what can i do now, please help!

Sorry for my bad English

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
1) Your English is better than a lot of native English speakers I know.

2) Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need to get a successful Odin flash. Find the thread, try as many of the troubleshooting steps as many times as you need to in order to get a successful flash.

However, don't try one or two things from the thread, come back here & say 'But I tried some of the stuff in the thread & it didn't work. That thread covers this issue from every possible angle, and it's often persistence that fixes these. There's no easy fix in this situation because we're not there looking over your shoulder seeing what you're doing/not doing, and there's nothing which isn't in the thread that can be suggested in this situation.

So...I've (and Hopper has) given you the tools to get your phone fixed, up to you to fix it now.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hopper8
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2093
@nguyenducanh did you manage to fix this?

I have been speaking with the dev (ayysir) of ParanoidAndroid, 4.4beta1 for S2 had a bug with the kernel. The ROM wouldn't boot at all with the stock kernel, but would with any compatible custom kernel (Dorimanx, Gustavo, Apolo -correct versions of these).

The dev has uploaded a new build now which fixes the problem, so if you've managed to recover your phone the new build is safe to use (tested by me)

nguyenducanh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper8 View Post
@nguyenducanh did you manage to fix this?

I have been speaking with the dev (ayysir) of ParanoidAndroid, 4.4beta1 for S2 had a bug with the kernel. The ROM wouldn't boot at all with the stock kernel, but would with any compatible custom kernel (Dorimanx, Gustavo, Apolo -correct versions of these).

The dev has uploaded a new build now which fixes the problem, so if you've managed to recover your phone the new build is safe to use (tested by me)
Ok, tks u, i fixed my phone via odin, and i'm using c-rom v6.6, i will try newest pa now because i'm a big fan of pa

Hopper8
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2093
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenducanh View Post
Ok, tks u, i fixed my phone via odin, and i'm using c-rom v6.6, i will try newest pa now because i'm a big fan of pa
Good job, I like to hear that someone recovered their phone using that guide and odin make sure you re-download the ROM, you need the build on 0605, not 0604. 0604 is busted, but 0605 is good

nguyenducanh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Good job, I like to hear that someone recovered their phone using that guide and odin make sure you re-download the ROM, you need the build on 0605, not 0604. 0604 is busted, but 0605 is good
Ok, using 0605 now, and missing see through option

Hopper8
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2093
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenducanh View Post
Ok, using 0605 now, and missing see through option
That's because of the new theme engine... I saw something on google+ about that. I think it's planned to be re-implemented but may take a while due to complexity..

nguyenducanh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That's because of the new theme engine... I saw something on google+ about that. I think it's planned to be re-implemented but may take a while due to complexity..
I hope "see through" will come back in the next update