Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy s2 home button is not responsive enough

Tip us?

supernovakid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy s2 home button is not responsive enough

My galaxy s2 home button works. Somewhat. I have to press it firmly but not forcefully. But i would just like to have a little touch of it to make it respond. I am guessing there is dust underneath it. So do any of you know how i can take off the home button, without dismantling the whole phone. Maybe with a screwdriver or something. Thanks

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
I could be wrong, but I thought youve got to take off the screen; which is not worth risking/hassle

supernovakid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderling View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought youve got to take off the screen; which is not worth risking/hassle
Ok thanks, ill just keep sticking to pressing it firmly,Any other suggestions will be appreciated, if you have a sure way of getting the dust out without any dismantling

Hopper8
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2182
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernovakid View Post
Ok thanks, ill just keep sticking to pressing it firmly,Any other suggestions will be appreciated, if you have a sure way of getting the dust out without any dismantling
I've got the same issue as you from the sounds of things. I haven't done anything about it because of what theunderling already said, not worth the risk/hassle.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away