No registration required

Galaxy S2 internal memory damaged

OP Galaxy user

12th May 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all,

Although I have read xda forums quite a few times, this is my first post here, and my reason for posting is that I really don't have a clue how to proceed with my Galaxy S2.

The story is the following: I was going to sell my old Samsung Galaxy S2, so I decided to delete all data from it in a way that it is not recover friendly. After seeing that a factory reset would not delete the internal memory completely, I was worried about the new owner being able to read my ersonal information, so I plugged in the phone USB to the Mac as Mass Storage and went to disk utility in Mac and performed a formatting of the phone partition(FAT32). When I rebooted the phone it would not work properly, messages like "Usb storage damaged" and most apps would not work, like camera, file manager and so on. I assumed I deleted important system files when formatting so I went to CWM based recovery and transferred the initial content of the internal memory (previously backed up) back to the phone's memory, in an attemp to put things back to normal.

Nothing has changed and the phone is not able to read that memory. I tried many options from the CWM recovery mode but nothing seems to work. I tried reformatting USB storage from the phone options, factory and cache reset from CWM....

The Android version is 4.1.2, Model GT I9100, Kernel 3.0.31 Siyah s2 v6.0b5+

I have also tried to install a different custom ROM but that does not fix the problem either.

So my question is: Is there anything I can do to restore a recognizable file system into the internal memory?

Thank you so much,
Last edited by Galaxy user; 12th May 2014 at 08:23 PM.
12th May 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Problem solved. After flashing with ODIN the phone repaired itself performing a USB storage format from the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread