Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy s2 poor signal indoor.

OP Nimerod

Nimerod
22nd May 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Hi i have an Samsung Galaxy s2 and it has verry poor signal,if i go inside house i get no signal at all,only outside i have signal but is not full.Anyone can help me?
22nd May 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 115

419 posts
More
Are you sure your network provider provides good coverage in area? If yes, you can try flashing a different modem.
22nd May 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
That's normal for any phone/dependent on what spectrum (frequencies) & equipment the carrier uses. I'm in the same situation at home in particular.
Nimerod
22nd May 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #4  

n/a posts
Its normal when i enter a building to get no service?
22nd May 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #5  

7,087 posts
Sometimes. Depends on the building, depends on the topography of the area, depends on the frequencies your carrier is using, depends on the equipment your carrier is using in nearby cells (this can vary widely from area to area even with the same carrier).

Have you modded the phone at all - flashed custom roms/kernels/etc, specifically have you flashed different modems or RIL's ? If you're running the modem that was on the phone when you bought it (or a modem that came bundled with a stock rom released by your carrier if you've done OTA updates), it's either:-

A) One of those carrier-side issues or
B) A hardware problem.

And as Banjara said, the only thing you can do about A (the solution to B is obvious, take it to a mobile repair shop or Samsung service centre) is to try flashing different modems to see if that improves things. If you're already running a modem bundled with a stock rom released by your carrier however, trying modems released with stock roms released by other carriers/in other countries is unlikely to improve things much (if at all) for a very simple reason.

Modems bundled with stock roms released by your carrier have been (one would assume this is the case with all carriers at any rate) tested so they work for most people on your carrier's network most of the time. If you're getting poor connectivity with one of those, switching to a modem meant for another carrier's network probably won't make any difference.

So...Where you go from here depends on your answer to the question I posed in para 2.
Nimerod
22nd May 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #6  

n/a posts
Also imei is a generic one.
22nd May 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #7  

7,087 posts
You didn't answer my question (IMEI's don't disappear all of a sudden on their own for no reason), so I'm going to leave it to other people to attempt to help you here. Nothing personal, but I have no desire to play 20 questions with you/'pull teeth' in order to get the info I need to help you.

Wait until someone else decides to help you.
Nimerod
22nd May 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #8  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Sometimes. Depends on the building, depends on the topography of the area, depends on the frequencies your carrier is using, depends on the equipment your carrier is using in nearby cells (this can vary widely from area to area even with the same carrier).

Have you modded the phone at all - flashed custom roms/kernels/etc, specifically have you flashed different modems or RIL's ? If you're running the modem that was on the phone when you bought it (or a modem that came bundled with a stock rom released by your carrier if you've done OTA updates), it's either:-

A) One of those carrier-side issues or
B) A hardware problem.

And as Banjara said, the only thing you can do about A (the solution to B is obvious, take it to a mobile repair shop or Samsung service centre) is to try flashing different modems to see if that improves things. If you're already running a modem bundled with a stock rom released by your carrier however, trying modems released with stock roms released by other carriers/in other countries is unlikely to improve things much (if at all) for a very simple reason.

Modems bundled with stock roms released by your carrier have been (one would assume this is the case with all carriers at any rate) tested so they work for most people on your carrier's network most of the time. If you're getting poor connectivity with one of those, switching to a modem meant for another carrier's network probably won't make any difference.

So...Where you go from here depends on your answer to the question I posed in para 2.

Didin't flash any roms,or modified the phone,its a second hand unit i bought from a guy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread