Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy s2 - not recognizing sim card

Tip us?

sahra22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy s2 - not recognizing sim card

Hi,

My samsung galaxy s2 (Android 4.0.3) is not recognizing any sim card but they are working fine in other phones. In my mobile, some times getting pop up "Refreshing sim data" and NO service (selected network not available).

I tried doing factory reset, still I have the same problem.

Manually I tried to select the network, but I got "Unable to connect, try later".

I don't think its hard ware problem, because its showing the mobile number in status.

Settings -> About phone -> Status -> My phone number

other details :

Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Network -> Unknown

Settings -> About phone -> Status -> service state -> out of service

Settings -> About phone -> Status -> mobile network state -> disconnected

If I root my mobile, Is there any chance of recognizing the sim card ?

Please help me.

kjplasma
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Is your phone sim locked to any carrier?

1nvicta
Old
Thanks Meter 6
If you root your s2 and flash with the new rom, maybe it will work, or can be a hardware problem!

sahra22
Old
(Last edited by sahra22; 31st May 2012 at 02:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjplasma View Post
Is your phone sim locked to any carrier?
Its second hand mobile with unlocked. I used it for 3 months, now I got this problem.

jorrddan
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hi, tipe code *#06# in dialer and check IMEI, if you don't have try to restor backup of efs folder if you have.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

sahra22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorrddan View Post
Hi, tipe code *#06# in dialer and check IMEI, if you don't have try to restor backup of efs folder if you have.

I have IMEI and serial number

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
OK. So that sim card works in other phones. Logically, the test should therefore be try another sim in the SGS2 (go buy a $2 starter sim from another carrier if you need to).

If that doesn't work either, then refer it to your carrier if you bought the phone from them. Frankly, if you haven't rooted your phone/flashed non-stock firmware to it/messed with it, I wouldn't do same in an effort to try and fix this problem. Chances are it won't, and you'll have voided your warranty trying to fix it.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

gma388124
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This happened to me to last week, it turned out to be that my phone was blacklisted. Take it back to were you bought it from, the shop where I bought it from exchanged mine and handed the blacklisted one to police, I've got called for witness statement even tho there's not much I can tell them

markhardy1974
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm also getting the error "No SIM card" in my Galaxy S2. 8 months left on contract.

Vodafone refused to repair, due to moisture on the main board, though I'm not convinced this is what has caused the fault. I've been reading this has been a bit of an issue with GS2, for one reason or another. (That and they sent me a quote for a HTC when I have a GS2)

It was my first trip to Bangkok, I took my phone out of flight mode, received a text from vodafone, advising I could use roaming, I took no action, then put it back in flight mode.

That was the last time my SIM worked. Had a new SIM put in when I arrived back in Sydney Australia, but same issue, SIM works in another phone.

I've checked that my IMEI isn't blacklisted, that it matches the sticker inside the phone (*#06#), I have the original stock, un-rooted, vodafone bloatware ROM currently on there.

Anyone have any idea's, other than this one from the app store (GSII_Repair) (n00bs can't post links)

sahra22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhardy1974 View Post
I'm also getting the error "No SIM card" in my Galaxy S2. 8 months left on contract.

Vodafone refused to repair, due to moisture on the main board, though I'm not convinced this is what has caused the fault. I've been reading this has been a bit of an issue with GS2, for one reason or another. (That and they sent me a quote for a HTC when I have a GS2)

It was my first trip to Bangkok, I took my phone out of flight mode, received a text from vodafone, advising I could use roaming, I took no action, then put it back in flight mode.

That was the last time my SIM worked. Had a new SIM put in when I arrived back in Sydney Australia, but same issue, SIM works in another phone.

I've checked that my IMEI isn't blacklisted, that it matches the sticker inside the phone (*#06#), I have the original stock, un-rooted, vodafone bloatware ROM currently on there.

Anyone have any idea's, other than this one from the app store (GSII_Repair) (n00bs can't post links)

I had similar kind of problem. I tried different ways to resolve the problem, but couldn't do that. At last, I went to Samsung service centre, they said, it was hardware problem and they fixed the problem .

Just simply go to any Samsung service centre near to you, they will surely fix it. Mostly they will do it for free, if the mobile has warranty.