No registration required

[Q] Galaxy S2 cannot sim unlock even WITH carrier unlock code

OP SteveWD

8th January 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi All,

I have a Galaxy S2 which is SIM locked to the '3' network in the UK. I have contacted the carrier and they have provided me with an unlock code. However, when I am prompted to insert the code when I put in a different SIM card the code is rejected. I've also tried running the GalaxySimUnlock app which also came up with the same code that I got from my carrier.

My phone was originally updated to stock ICS but I then flashed it to CM 9 and then MIUI. I initially tried the sim unlock with MIUI running. I've now returned the phone to the stock 3 image - it's currently running 4.1.2 baseband I9100NELS1.

Has anyone had this problem before or can you shed some light on what is going wrong - I thought if I contacted the carrier this would be simple!

Many thanks,

Steve
8th January 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
Make your PC's network is sold. You have tried many software unlocking by noon?
8th January 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Hi duykhanh187,

I'm not sure quite what you mean! I have contacted my carrier and have got what they believe to be a good unlock code but it is not working.

Thank you for your reply,

Steve
13th January 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWD

Hi All,

I have a Galaxy S2 which is SIM locked to the '3' network in the UK. I have contacted the carrier and they have provided me with an unlock code. However, when I am prompted to insert the code when I put in a different SIM card the code is rejected. I've also tried running the GalaxySimUnlock app which also came up with the same code that I got from my carrier.

My phone was originally updated to stock ICS but I then flashed it to CM 9 and then MIUI. I initially tried the sim unlock with MIUI running. I've now returned the phone to the stock 3 image - it's currently running 4.1.2 baseband I9100NELS1.

Has anyone had this problem before or can you shed some light on what is going wrong - I thought if I contacted the carrier this would be simple!

Many thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I've seen the same problem before as well, so I've very keen to see if
XDA-D have a suggestion to help solve this issue.

Good luck,

Tink!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread