Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy SII SGH-S959G Updates???

OP TommygunRob

4th March 2013, 02:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I know there probably are like 50 other threads of people asking the same thing, I've looked through a LOT of them, none of them actually tell me anything useful I want to hear. So, as the Title says, I'd love to know if there is actually any type of update, or way to update the phone to ICS or JB... A lot of people keep saying no, but some others are certain there is a way, I've found a couple of root options, but they all seem shady. If anyone knows how to work out this phone, to get a higher version of Android, I'd appreciate it, if the need to root happens, then some advice about it would be appreciated...

Phone: GSII SGH-S959G from Straight Talk.

Thank you
4th March 2013, 05:37 AM   |  #2  

6 posts
I have the same phone and been looking for a ICS rom for it, no luck so far. I did root mine and mod the original rom just fine. Over all it didn't add anything to it but I wanted to use the titanim backup app and others who need root. I know straighttalk phones are always a little behind others sold by att and bigger companies, so maybe someone will come up with a rom soon. May check cyogenMod see if they support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommygunRob

I know there probably are like 50 other threads of people asking the same thing, I've looked through a LOT of them, none of them actually tell me anything useful I want to hear. So, as the Title says, I'd love to know if there is actually any type of update, or way to update the phone to ICS or JB... A lot of people keep saying no, but some others are certain there is a way, I've found a couple of root options, but they all seem shady. If anyone knows how to work out this phone, to get a higher version of Android, I'd appreciate it, if the need to root happens, then some advice about it would be appreciated...

Phone: GSII SGH-S959G from Straight Talk.

Thank you

13th March 2013, 02:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapymonkey2012

I have the same phone and been looking for a ICS rom for it, no luck so far. I did root mine and mod the original rom just fine. Over all it didn't add anything to it but I wanted to use the titanim backup app and others who need root. I know straighttalk phones are always a little behind others sold by att and bigger companies, so maybe someone will come up with a rom soon. May check cyogenMod see if they support it.

Yeah I've seen that not everyone put time into Straighttalk phones, and so far there is still nothing. I won't lose hope though!
13th March 2013, 02:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,773

5,269 posts
Re: Galaxy SII SGH-S959G Updates???
I don't think you are in the right thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982571

Sent from the little guy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread