Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,021 Members 45,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy SII SGH-S959G Updates???

Tip us?

TommygunRob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Galaxy SII SGH-S959G Updates???

I know there probably are like 50 other threads of people asking the same thing, I've looked through a LOT of them, none of them actually tell me anything useful I want to hear. So, as the Title says, I'd love to know if there is actually any type of update, or way to update the phone to ICS or JB... A lot of people keep saying no, but some others are certain there is a way, I've found a couple of root options, but they all seem shady. If anyone knows how to work out this phone, to get a higher version of Android, I'd appreciate it, if the need to root happens, then some advice about it would be appreciated...

Phone: GSII SGH-S959G from Straight Talk.

Thank you

crapymonkey2012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same phone and been looking for a ICS rom for it, no luck so far. I did root mine and mod the original rom just fine. Over all it didn't add anything to it but I wanted to use the titanim backup app and others who need root. I know straighttalk phones are always a little behind others sold by att and bigger companies, so maybe someone will come up with a rom soon. May check cyogenMod see if they support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommygunRob View Post
I know there probably are like 50 other threads of people asking the same thing, I've looked through a LOT of them, none of them actually tell me anything useful I want to hear. So, as the Title says, I'd love to know if there is actually any type of update, or way to update the phone to ICS or JB... A lot of people keep saying no, but some others are certain there is a way, I've found a couple of root options, but they all seem shady. If anyone knows how to work out this phone, to get a higher version of Android, I'd appreciate it, if the need to root happens, then some advice about it would be appreciated...

Phone: GSII SGH-S959G from Straight Talk.

Thank you

TommygunRob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapymonkey2012 View Post
I have the same phone and been looking for a ICS rom for it, no luck so far. I did root mine and mod the original rom just fine. Over all it didn't add anything to it but I wanted to use the titanim backup app and others who need root. I know straighttalk phones are always a little behind others sold by att and bigger companies, so maybe someone will come up with a rom soon. May check cyogenMod see if they support it.
Yeah I've seen that not everyone put time into Straighttalk phones, and so far there is still nothing. I won't lose hope though!

gastonw
Old
Thanks Meter 1766
Default Re: Galaxy SII SGH-S959G Updates???

I don't think you are in the right thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982571

Sent from the little guy
OMG!!! Just realized I've got an SII Plus! oh...wait...I've got more Internal Space, nevermind, still got an SII.