Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy stuck on boot, I want to fix it without losing pics on phone memory

Tip us?

alsaytara
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] galaxy stuck on boot, I want to fix it without losing pics on phone memory

My Samsung Galaxy SII is stuck on boot logo, I have pictures on the phone's memory and I don't want to lose them, how to fix this issue ?

thanks in advance.

pttynan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaytara View Post
My Samsung Galaxy SII is stuck on boot logo, I have pictures on the phone's memory and I don't want to lose them, how to fix this issue ?

thanks in advance.
Does your phone have a custom recovery such as CWM?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
^^^
That won't make any difference with bootloop - bootloop is bootloop; recovery is not available.

OP - Your only option is to get a stock from from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash it with Odin (How ? Stickied thread titled 'Flash stock firmware' near top of Q&A has instructions.

If this is successful, this won't wipe your stuff. However...

Sometimes this isn't enough on its own & you still end up with bootloop after flashing stock & still need to do a factory reset.

So, try it & see.

P.S - We presume you've already tried booting into recovery; if you haven't you deserve slapping for making a thread first. You're expected to try the obvious before you post.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]