5,597,647 Members 33,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

getting failed when installing firmware

Tip us?

heywheelie
Old
Thanks Meter 47
If you uninstall Kies you have to install the Samsung USB drivers (attached at the very bottom of the post in that that topic I referenced above).

Either that or reinstall Kies and do as MistahBungle stated above.

Firoz24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by heywheelie View Post
If you uninstall Kies you have to install the Samsung USB drivers (attached at the very bottom of the post in that that topic I referenced above).

Either that or reinstall Kies and do as MistahBungle stated above.
yes installed samsung usb drivers from there but nothing happened

heywheelie
Old
Thanks Meter 47
All I can suggest is that you read @Hopper8 Odin troubleshooting guide carefully. You will find it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2345831

Hopefully it will be able to solve your problem.

cheers

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022

OP - take it to someone who knows what they're doing. I suggested that thread (which covers every possible thing that could stop Odin from working) this time yesterday, you've clearly shown you're unable/unwilling to even try everything (anything?) in the thread. So until such time as you do (or do as I suggested in the first sentence of this post), your phone stays busted. We can't fix it for you, only you can.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Firoz24
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post

OP - take it to someone who knows what they're doing. I suggested that thread (which covers every possible thing that could stop Odin from working) this time yesterday, you've clearly shown you're unable/unwilling to even try everything (anything?) in the thread. So until such time as you do (or do as I suggested in the first sentence of this post), your phone stays busted. We can't fix it for you, only you can.
i have tried everything and many roms.

now problem solved. i have installed by my friend's pc. No error, it got installed. thanx for helping

Virus-xxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys, i realy need your help, my phone is dead.

In the beggining i had a problem with power controller: Phone thought that it is constantly charging (For that time i thought that the problem is in micro usb port or in firmware)

I decided to flash it and go to stock via backup made by CWM a year ago.
But during this process the phone made a reboot by itself and after that there was no loading. I could see only name of the device and thats it.
No recovery. Only download mode.

I gave my phone to service center, they told that I have two problems: 1st is connected to power controller, 2 - dead flash memory. They say that port usb is ok (tried different board with micro usb port). They try flash it via Riff box Jtag but process stopped at data.img.

I took the phone and tried to flash it via Heimdall with brick fix pit.
After using this pit file, the phone was flashed normally and even turned on normally.
But in the phone info menu I saw no any data about internal memory. (It was damaged and required format). I tried format through phone menu and it did nothing.
I decided to flash the phone via Odin with normal 16 GB pit file and had a bad luck. I experienced freez during re-partition. After this, phone is a complete brick.
When I connect it to PC without battery pressing vol down and rower buttons it connects as unknown device but there is nothing on the phone display. No recovery, no download mode. Nothing - just reflection of my frustrated face).
Currently i'm tring to make a Jig, maybe it'll put it in the download mode, but hope is dying...
I've herad somewhere that it is possible to put it in the download mode in linux. Any other suggestions?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Replace motherboard.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

Virus-xxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Replace motherboard.
Is it the only way?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
If the EMMC is corrupted & a JTAG failed, that's the fix.