5,605,519 Members 45,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] glaxy s ii data network not working.

Tip us?

Valentin6282
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] glaxy s ii data network not working.

I had custom android 4.2.2 and i reverted to the original 4.1.2 rom. Now mobile data isn't working. The phone was originaly on orange ro now it is on cosmote ro. It worked Before on cosmote with t e original rom and the custom one. I sent an sms and recived setings but it still doesn't work. It says it's activr bot i see no icon in the notification tab.
Any ideea?
The Following User Says Thank You to Valentin6282 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ctam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Have you tried checking the APN settings?

I have an issue where i flash my phone with SlimROM and then Chrome and Whatsapp is not working on data. Then I realize that the ROM auto select the wrong APN settings. I entered the right APN settings and I have no issue with getting data.

Also check if all the apps are receiving data via wifi first.

Valentin6282
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctam View Post
Have you tried checking the APN settings?

I have an issue where i flash my phone with SlimROM and then Chrome and Whatsapp is not working on data. Then I realize that the ROM auto select the wrong APN settings. I entered the right APN settings and I have no issue with getting data.

Also check if all the apps are receiving data via wifi first.

Wifi works. I'm wrighting from my phone now. The settings where wrong but changing them is the first thing i tried but i didn't work.
I never had thisproblem before even when i flashed custom roms. It feels like it doesn't activate the net even if it says it does.

Valentin6282
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Got it. I had the settings for gprs and i needed the ones for broadband.

ctam
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comment. It turns out the ROM was selecting the wrong APN by default. I switch the APN and updated the settings. Now it works like a charm