5,597,084 Members 47,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gmail apk doesn't send email from just an account

Tip us?

delca85
Old
(Last edited by delca85; 7th March 2012 at 03:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Gmail apk doesn't send email from just an account

Hi to all of you!
I have a very fastidious problem : my gmail apk doesn't send email from one of my two account. If try to send the same email from the other account, I have no problem. Both of these accounts are gmail, of course. If I try to send the same email from the first account but by gmail site in the browser or from email stock apk instead the gmail one, everything works.
Gmail apk from this account works very well for everything except sending email, I have no problem with receiving or other things.
I am on Hyperdroid v7 but I had same problem on Criskelo or previous hyperdroid version.

Please, help me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: Omega 43.3

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 742

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by delca85 View Post
Hi to all of you!
I have a very fastidious problem : my gmail apk doesn't send email from one of my two account. If try to send the same email from the other account, I have no problem. Both of these accounts are gmail, of course. If I try to send the same email from the first account but by gmail site in the browser or from email stock apk instead the gmail one, everything works.
Gmail apk from this account works very well for everything except sending email, I have no problem with receiving or other things.
I am on Hyperdroid v7 but I had same problem on Criskelo or previous hyperdroid version.

Please, help me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
You can only have one Gmail account as your default with the stock gmail app. If you want to send an email from another gmail account from within the same app then you have to set it as the default if I'm not mistaken. The only workaround is to use a third party mail app that allows you to designate from which account you are sending the mail each time you hit send. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM10.1

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v19 ML6
Talexop Kernel v1.3
Viper4Android Audio
3minit .5 4.3 Framework

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3022
Use K9 or similar. Gmail app is rubbish.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

delca85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I have solved for the moment deleting gmail data from settings.
I don't think I can't have more than one gmail account, I have two accounts right now.

I am going to try k9. Thanks!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: Omega 43.3