[Q] Google Play / Play Store Server Error

Tip us?

freakyfingers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Google Play / Play Store Server Error

Hello Comunity,
I flashed ICS on my SGSII like 1 or 2 weeks ago it was working great, even Android Market updated to Play Store and it was working OK.
My SGSII is International Version, not locked. It's not rooted. Bought in Dubai, got to change the Sales Code to UK (UAE was not available since it was a European ROM?) when I flashed with the ICS.

Last night (23rd March 2012) I was trying to download some free apps from Play Store App and it was displaying Error -101, for several attempts and for different apps. Keep in mind that yesterday I did not use Play Store, also the system did not update anything during the day.

Tried Clearing cache and data of Google Play/Market.
I got the screen that says Android Market is upgrading to Google Play.. blah blah blah.. press continue

But then after that now Play Store is not connecting, it says Server Error, with a Retry Button.

Tried again Clearing cache and Data... no success. Same Server Error.
Restarted the phone... no success. Same Server Error.
Tried deleting my google account and enter it again... no success... and guess what? Same Server Error.

This started approx @ 1900-2000 GMT +3. Let's see if tonight it fix by itself (but I don't think so, since the 24 hrs ban due to excess downloading from the Store is dismissed).

Any ideas how to solve this?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3026
I was having this problems yesterday (Friday). So I cleared data on Play Store app, deleted market links with Ti. Then I rebooted & used the Market Doctor in Ti to restore those links, then rebooted again.

Decided to leave it overnight before I gave the Market another try, and I've just tried it now. No problems at all updating apps (not getting that 101 error), and apps are correctly linked to Market again; have all my apps in installed/updated (before I did that thing with Ti yesterday, Market had nothing in "installed", everything was in "All").
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freakyfingers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
I was having this problems yesterday (Friday). So I cleared data on Play Store app, deleted market links with Ti. Then I rebooted & used the Market Doctor in Ti to restore those links, then rebooted again...
Excuse my ignorance, but what is Ti?
The Following User Says Thank You to freakyfingers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3026
Titanium Backup Pro It has market tools which can come in handy. Not saying it will definitely fix your problem (or that it definitely fixed mine; may have been coincidence), but it might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfingers View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what is Ti?
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antzlisoul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem, it was working perfectly fine until yesterday. Same problem that you encounter. Is this is a server problem? did it fix the problem right now by itself?? Please let me know because I still have the same problem as of now.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Hello Comunity,
I flashed ICS on my SGSII like 1 or 2 weeks ago it was working great, even Android Market updated to Play Store and it was working OK.
My SGSII is International Version, not locked. It's not rooted. Bought in Dubai, got to change the Sales Code to UK (UAE was not available since it was a European ROM?) when I flashed with the ICS.

Last night (23rd March 2012) I was trying to download some free apps from Play Store App and it was displaying Error -101, for several attempts and for different apps. Keep in mind that yesterday I did not use Play Store, also the system did not update anything during the day.

Tried Clearing cache and data of Google Play/Market.
I got the screen that says Android Market is upgrading to Google Play.. blah blah blah.. press continue

But then after that now Play Store is not connecting, it says Server Error, with a Retry Button.

Tried again Clearing cache and Data... no success. Same Server Error.
Restarted the phone... no success. Same Server Error.
Tried deleting my google account and enter it again... no success... and guess what? Same Server Error.

This started approx @ 1900-2000 GMT +3. Let's see if tonight it fix by itself (but I don't think so, since the 24 hrs ban due to excess downloading from the Store is dismissed).

Any ideas how to solve this?
I had the same problem as you described since yesterday. I tried everything that you have mentioned too and still giving me server error with the retry button. Did you resolved your problem?? I'm still having the same problem as of now.

freakyfingers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzlisoul View Post
....Did you resolved your problem?? I'm still having the same problem as of now.
Not yet... I just downloaded Ti apk and patcher, but I will need to root my phone... I just don't want to switch to the Dark Side. I'll wait until tonight to root it, or maybe when I get home (April) since I'm overseas and I don't want to lose the only Communication Tool (My precious SGSII) that I have to contact home. Need to read a lot 'bout rooting.

As soon as it's fixed will let you now in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to freakyfingers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 24th March 2012 at 10:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3026
Yep let us know how you go with it. That way we can confirm whether what I did yesterday fixes this problem or not. Good luck

Edit to add - Almost forgot. If you do use the market tools in Ti, only use them for user apps & not system apps.

antzlisoul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Not yet... I just downloaded Ti apk and patcher, but I will need to root my phone... I just don't want to switch to the Dark Side. I'll wait until tonight to root it, or maybe when I get home (April) since I'm overseas and I don't want to lose the only Communication Tool (My precious SGSII) that I have to contact home. Need to read a lot 'bout rooting.

As soon as it's fixed will let you now in this thread.
I already rooted my phone, so i used the "advance task killer" and kill all pps and somehow I got it working again. But I know this is a galaxy SII section but I just wanted to let you know my galaxy tab 10.1 still have the same issue. server error with the retry button. I used something closed to advance task killer but still didn't work. So bottom line, I still don't know how to resolve this problem. Looking forward to what you can come up with.

masaud
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I have same Server Error on my both Galaxy Note and Motorola Razr.I tried everything including Factory reset but still same issue.

It seems that google needs to setp in and fix this issue.

bojancincur
Old
(Last edited by bojancincur; 26th March 2012 at 08:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Hi all,

I fixed problem but you need to have rooted phone and install MarketEnabler app, here is a Google Play Server Error quick FIX http://viewoneworld.wordpress.com/20...rror-quick-fix - my blog post about it.

Its problem with some regional/provider specific markets/plays so you just need to fool it that you are from other region/provider...

Let me know if you have any problem with this fix...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bojancincur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]