FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] GPS not working - Galaxy S2 i9100 CM11 M7

7th July 2014, 04:51 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,

I'm using CM11 M7 and my GPS is not working - I'm not able to get a GPS fix in direct view to the sky even during a two-hour card drive.
I've been able to get a fix to the GPS signal before with this phone, both with CM10.2 and at least with CM11 M5 (I can't remember with CM11 M6).

I have already tried getting a fix with or without Network Location on. I've also tried to reset GPS with the "GPS Status" app - all with no success whatsoever.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

14th October 2014, 11:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
GPS problem fixed
I had the same issue and already tried different Modems etc. which had no effects. I also tried tightening the screws on the back of the mobile, but also to no avail.
Now (some minutes ago) I finally found a solution that works for me (GT-i9100; CM 11; 4.4.4; Baseband-Version: i9100XXLPS; Kernel: 3.0.64-CM):

I downloaded the GPS.conf from this post (post Nr. 4): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1789212 and copied the contents into my GPS.conf in system/etc/ (using FX-Explorer with root addon). I added the GPS-conf as *.txt to the post.

Now I get a fix in less than 5 seconds.
Let me know if it worked for you as well.

btw: I'm using O2 (DeutschlandSIM) in Germany and although the gps.conf doesn't include my country it still works perfectly
Attached Files
File Type: txt gps.conf.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.2 KB, 422 views)
Last edited by userXt; 14th October 2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: more info
The Following User Says Thank You to userXt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2014, 02:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
works for germany eplus as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by userXt

I had the same issue and already tried different Modems etc. which had no effects. I also tried tightening the screws on the back of the mobile, but also to no avail.
Now (some minutes ago) I finally found a solution that works for me (GT-i9100; CM 11; 4.4.4; Baseband-Version: i9100XXLPS; Kernel: 3.0.64-CM):

I downloaded the GPS.conf from this post (post Nr. 4): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1789212 and copied the contents into my GPS.conf in system/etc/ (using FX-Explorer with root addon). I added the GPS-conf as *.txt to the post.

Now I get a fix in less than 5 seconds.
Let me know if it worked for you as well.

btw: I'm using O2 (DeutschlandSIM) in Germany and although the gps.conf doesn't include my country it still works perfectly

Thanks a lot, same for me (Eplus), also very important is to install agps data via an app like gps status.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread