Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flshing custom rom from SD card

Tip us?

Aditya3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] flshing custom rom from SD card

my phone is not booting.I have to install a custom rom.how can I install it from external SD.the system recovery isn' reading it.

santhosh502
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya3 View Post
my phone is not booting.I have to install a custom rom.how can I install it from external SD.the system recovery isn' reading it.
There are infinite posts regarding how to install a custom rom. Firstly you have to root ur phone then install a custom recovery like cwm or twrp and then you have to flash a new rom. system recovery can be used to install recovery like cwm. google it.
Hit the Thanks button if I helped.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh502 View Post
There are infinite posts regarding how to install a custom rom. Firstly you have to root ur phone then install a custom recovery like cwm or twrp and then you have to flash a new rom. system recovery can be used to install recovery like cwm. google it.
You don`t have to have root before flashing a rom as most custom roms are prerooted allready, you just need a custom recovery
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

santhosh502
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
You don`t have to have root before flashing a rom as most custom roms are prerooted allready, you just need a custom recovery
Oops.. My bad. I thought the device is to be rooted for custom recovery to be installed.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh502 View Post
Oops.. My bad. I thought the device is to be rooted for custom recovery to be installed.
No biggie, we keep learning
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue