Unhappy

[Q] flshing custom rom from SD card

16th August 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
my phone is not booting.I have to install a custom rom.how can I install it from external SD.the system recovery isn' reading it.
17th August 2014, 07:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya3

my phone is not booting.I have to install a custom rom.how can I install it from external SD.the system recovery isn' reading it.

There are infinite posts regarding how to install a custom rom. Firstly you have to root ur phone then install a custom recovery like cwm or twrp and then you have to flash a new rom. system recovery can be used to install recovery like cwm. google it.
17th August 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,102

8,461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh502

There are infinite posts regarding how to install a custom rom. Firstly you have to root ur phone then install a custom recovery like cwm or twrp and then you have to flash a new rom. system recovery can be used to install recovery like cwm. google it.

You don`t have to have root before flashing a rom as most custom roms are prerooted allready, you just need a custom recovery
17th August 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

You don`t have to have root before flashing a rom as most custom roms are prerooted allready, you just need a custom recovery

Oops.. My bad. I thought the device is to be rooted for custom recovery to be installed.
17th August 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,102

8,461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh502

Oops.. My bad. I thought the device is to be rooted for custom recovery to be installed.

No biggie, we keep learning
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread