FORUMS

[Q] flshing custom rom from SD card

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Aditya3, Junior Member on 16th August 2014, 09:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
my phone is not booting.I have to install a custom rom.how can I install it from external SD.the system recovery isn' reading it.
 
 
17th August 2014, 07:40 AM |#2  
Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya3

my phone is not booting.I have to install a custom rom.how can I install it from external SD.the system recovery isn' reading it.

There are infinite posts regarding how to install a custom rom. Firstly you have to root ur phone then install a custom recovery like cwm or twrp and then you have to flash a new rom. system recovery can be used to install recovery like cwm. google it.
17th August 2014, 08:43 AM |#3  
gee2012's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,786
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh502

There are infinite posts regarding how to install a custom rom. Firstly you have to root ur phone then install a custom recovery like cwm or twrp and then you have to flash a new rom. system recovery can be used to install recovery like cwm. google it.

You don`t have to have root before flashing a rom as most custom roms are prerooted allready, you just need a custom recovery
17th August 2014, 08:53 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

You don`t have to have root before flashing a rom as most custom roms are prerooted allready, you just need a custom recovery

Oops.. My bad. I thought the device is to be rooted for custom recovery to be installed.
17th August 2014, 08:55 AM |#5  
gee2012's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,786
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh502

Oops.. My bad. I thought the device is to be rooted for custom recovery to be installed.

No biggie, we keep learning
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes