[Q][GT-I9100M Virgin/Bell] Can't Unbrick, always "Complete(Write) operation failed"
Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to look at this and potentially help me with this issue. I'm pretty new to all of this, so I'm hoping for a little guidance in my moment of need!
First off, I'd like to say that I have tried just about every solution offered on this wonderful site and all to no avail... I currently own a SOFT-bricked (CAN open download mode
, CAN'T open recovery mode) Samsung Galaxy S II (model number GT-I9100M
) and have had no success in unbricking it. From what I gather (please correct me if any of this is incorrect) I need to flash the stock kernel for my phone, which should be the UGKG2
version that I have already downloaded and tried to flash. The issue I am having right now is that every time I try to flash using Odin3 v1.85 (KIES doesn't recognize my phone at this stage) I get the error "Complete(Write) operation failed.
" It doesn't matter what I attempt to flash, I always get this error and am told that the flash has FAILED.
The custom binary counter on my phone is up to 7 attempts now, and still no working kernel or even a working recovery mode.
A little backlog on how I ended up here, in tldr format:
1. Friend gave me the software-unlocked Virgin Mobile phone. He unlocked it so I could use it with my provider, Telus.
2. I received the JB update and allowed it to patch (unbeknown to me that it would re-lock my phone.)
3. Phone became locked and I didn't have a SIM-Unlock code (nor did I want to buy one...)
4. I attempted to re-root my phone and, long story short, something went wrong (wrong file perhaps). I can't remember what I did at this point, but the end result was that the phone would no longer load. I could only (and still can only) access download mode.
5. After several attempts of correcting my firmware and all that via searching threads, I decided to finally MAKE one so that I might get some direct help.
So now I'm here. As I've said, I have tried basically every solution that I have read about
: changing my USB port, reinstalling KIES for my phone drivers, I have removed my SIM-card and Micro-SD, I have researched the firmware I need and am sure that I have the correct one, but ODIN still will not write. I have NOT done anything related to the bootloader or re-partition
as I hear that tinkering there could REALLY put me in hot water, though if someone can tell me exactly what needs to be done to them (if anything) then I welcome the information.
Once again, thanks for reading and if you require ANY additional information or screenshots, please reply here and I will respond ASAP!