Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GT-I9100T Firmware Request

Tip us?

Issa Eid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation GT-I9100T Firmware Request

Hi guys, i want a firmware or custom rom for galaxy gt-i9100t, if there is any rom after 4.1.2 ! , also i have a question: the normal rom for g-ti9100 could be installed on gt-i9100t !!?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
There isn't any stock firmware >4.1.2. Yes, you can flash I9100 stock roms on the I9100T, but you may have to use a modem from an I9100T rom if you're using the phone on a network belonging to a carrier who sold the I9100T.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Issa Eid
Old
(Last edited by Issa Eid; 28th February 2014 at 12:12 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
okay 10x for help, i'm so greatfull

What about a i9100 custom rom?! Can i use it to i9100t !?
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Yes, of course. the I9100 & I9100T (I also have an I9100T) are exactly the same except for a very slight difference in radio output, achieved by firmware - the modem.

If you flash an I9100 stock rom, it will include an I9100 modem which might (not always though) mess with your connectivity, and as I hinted at in my PP, in my experience, using modems which have been bundled with stock roms released by carriers which sold the I9100T tends to result in the best connectivity. You can check these by searching the I9100T firmwares on Samfirmware, which lists the baseband (modem), and you can then find/download whatever modem in question here.

However, if after flashing an I9100 stock rom your connectivity is OK, no need to change the modem. Only change the modem if your connectivity isn't great. Custom roms don't include modems, so flashing a custom rom won't change your current modem.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Issa Eid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
i got it, thank you very much for your help and your notes about the modem thing .
The Following User Says Thank You to Issa Eid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]