Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Fix an unflashable or soft bricked GSII (I9100G/M/P/T VERSION INCLUDED!)

OP Phistachio

22nd February 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Thanks, Pistacchio, I downloaded the CF-Root kernel but haven't used it yet. I rooted my phone with insecure kernel and just left it like that.
If you happen to have the stock kernel for the XWKI8 upload it, if not, mine works just fine with the insecure one.

Or, is there any other custom kernel that I might flash? Does anyone know?
22nd February 2012, 12:24 PM   |  #122  
OP Recognised Contributor
Flag Madeira, PT
Thanks Meter: 994

1,446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maramat_99

Thanks, Pistacchio, I downloaded the CF-Root kernel but haven't used it yet. I rooted my phone with insecure kernel and just left it like that.
If you happen to have the stock kernel for the XWKI8 upload it, if not, mine works just fine with the insecure one.

Or, is there any other custom kernel that I might flash? Does anyone know?

Well, if you don't want official, you can consider Siyah or any of that sort
23rd February 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #123  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phistachio

Well, if you don't want official, you can consider Siyah or any of that sort

Do you happen to know a link?

Thanks a lot!
25th February 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #124  

2 posts
Cool Cant download kernel
Hello i have tried severall times to download the kernel but link doesnt work! Could you give me the specified name of the kernel or an other link please?
25th February 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #125  
Flag Madeira, PT

1,446 posts
More
Quote:

Do you happen to know a link?

Thanks a lot!

Here is Siyah

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1263838

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsios

Hello i have tried severall times to download the kernel but link doesnt work! Could you give me the specified name of the kernel or an other link please?

The kernel's name is XXKI3 Stock Kernel, but unfortunately, I don't have it... Not even stored in my laptop
25th February 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #126  

3 posts
My SGS2 is stucked in a strange way. I was trying to install Darky's rom from DarkysOTA tool, it restarted my phone into recovery and flashed it then restarted but since that it wont boot. instead of boot animation it shows pixels that appears slowly and becomes brighter and brighter. same thing happens even if i tried to go to Recovery mode or Downoad mode.
Please help me. i cant even go into recovery or download mode. I dont want to loose my SGS2.
Thanks.
25th February 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #127  

2 posts
More
Odin Image
Hi All.
Any chance someone could re post this pic? (from the first post) I wanna make sure i'm doing it correct (i'm a bit of a noob)

Quote:

First of all, let's just have a quick glance of how ODIN looks like, and where we should put the files :

As the picture clearly shows, the green rectangle is where you can tick. Those 2 which are ticked must remain that way.

ONLY FLASH WITH RE-PARTITION TICKED AND A PIT FILE IF YOU ARE SURE
THAT THE FLASH WILL SUCCEED.

Which means that you CANNOT have a damaged USB, corrupted drivers and such.

When recovering from a soft brick, it is recommended, not mandatory, to have Re-partition ticked with a .PIT file. So you must be extra careful when you are using a .PIT and Re-Partition. And obviously, the red box is the one where you can't and don't want to mess with

But where are the files going, you say?

.PIT -> PIT
CODE -> PDA
MODEM -> PHONE
CSC -> CSC

26th February 2012, 12:17 PM   |  #128  

19 posts
Quote:

Here is Siyah

Thanks a lot man! I would hit the thanks button if I only knew how to Please excuse my noobiness
26th February 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #129  
Flag Madeira, PT

1,446 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidg

My SGS2 is stucked in a strange way. I was trying to install Darky's rom from DarkysOTA tool, it restarted my phone into recovery and flashed it then restarted but since that it wont boot. instead of boot animation it shows pixels that appears slowly and becomes brighter and brighter. same thing happens even if i tried to go to Recovery mode or Downoad mode.
Please help me. i cant even go into recovery or download mode. I dont want to loose my SGS2.
Thanks.

Mmm, you seen to have either corrupted GPU drivers or your GPU died (never seen any case of that, but it's always possible).

Can you like get in Download mode? Doesn't matter if it shows on screen or not, if you can, you can try to flash the fw anyway... But first, tell me if you can or cannot get in DL mode, we don't want to bork your device

Quote:
Originally Posted by falz1982

Hi All.
Any chance someone could re post this pic? (from the first post) I wanna make sure i'm doing it correct (i'm a bit of a noob)

Thanks for the headsup! Fixed

Quote:

Thanks a lot man! I would hit the thanks button if I only knew how to Please excuse my noobiness

No problem! Anytime
27th February 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #130  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 386

919 posts
More
Could anyone please link me to villianROM 1.1? cant seem to find it anywhere..the link seems to be dead. The v3.0 is the zip file which i cant flash in stock recovery.

EDIT: Any other custom rom that i could use? All attempts to get rid of the bootloop using these methods have failed and custom rom is the last option
EDIT 2: Found VillainROM but its not helping It flashes successfully in ODIN just like stock rom but the phone just reboots and gets stuck in bootloop again. Can some1 plz help me out here?
Last edited by EM|NEM; 29th February 2012 at 09:58 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread