5,814,797 Members 50,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Fix an unflashable or soft bricked GSII (I9100G/M/P/T VERSION INCLUDED!)

Tip us?
 
maramat_99
Old
#121  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2012
Thanks, Pistacchio, I downloaded the CF-Root kernel but haven't used it yet. I rooted my phone with insecure kernel and just left it like that.
If you happen to have the stock kernel for the XWKI8 upload it, if not, mine works just fine with the insecure one.

Or, is there any other custom kernel that I might flash? Does anyone know?
 
Phistachio
Old
#122  
Phistachio's Avatar
Recognised Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 993
Posts: 1,446
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Madeira, PT
Quote:
Originally Posted by maramat_99 View Post
Thanks, Pistacchio, I downloaded the CF-Root kernel but haven't used it yet. I rooted my phone with insecure kernel and just left it like that.
If you happen to have the stock kernel for the XWKI8 upload it, if not, mine works just fine with the insecure one.

Or, is there any other custom kernel that I might flash? Does anyone know?
Well, if you don't want official, you can consider Siyah or any of that sort
HTC One M8 - Stock 2.23.118.3 | Android 4.4.3

[Retired] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXUFND3 | Android 4.4.2 | TWRP 2.7.2.0

Soft bricked/unflashable phone? Check out my Recovery Guide! N7100 and I9100

 
maramat_99
Old
#123  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phistachio View Post
Well, if you don't want official, you can consider Siyah or any of that sort
Do you happen to know a link?

Thanks a lot!
 
kotsios
Old
#124  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2011
Cool Cant download kernel

Hello i have tried severall times to download the kernel but link doesnt work! Could you give me the specified name of the kernel or an other link please?
 
Phistachio
Old
#125  
Phistachio's Avatar
Recognised Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 993
Posts: 1,446
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Madeira, PT
Quote:
Originally Posted by maramat_99 View Post
Do you happen to know a link?

Thanks a lot!
Here is Siyah

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1263838

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsios View Post
Hello i have tried severall times to download the kernel but link doesnt work! Could you give me the specified name of the kernel or an other link please?
The kernel's name is XXKI3 Stock Kernel, but unfortunately, I don't have it... Not even stored in my laptop
HTC One M8 - Stock 2.23.118.3 | Android 4.4.3

[Retired] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXUFND3 | Android 4.4.2 | TWRP 2.7.2.0

Soft bricked/unflashable phone? Check out my Recovery Guide! N7100 and I9100

 
shahidg
Old
#126  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2009
My SGS2 is stucked in a strange way. I was trying to install Darky's rom from DarkysOTA tool, it restarted my phone into recovery and flashed it then restarted but since that it wont boot. instead of boot animation it shows pixels that appears slowly and becomes brighter and brighter. same thing happens even if i tried to go to Recovery mode or Downoad mode.
Please help me. i cant even go into recovery or download mode. I dont want to loose my SGS2.
Thanks.
 
falz1982
Old
#127  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Odin Image

Hi All.
Any chance someone could re post this pic? (from the first post) I wanna make sure i'm doing it correct (i'm a bit of a noob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phistachio View Post

First of all, let's just have a quick glance of how ODIN looks like, and where we should put the files :


As the picture clearly shows, the green rectangle is where you can tick. Those 2 which are ticked must remain that way.



ONLY FLASH WITH RE-PARTITION TICKED AND A PIT FILE IF YOU ARE SURE
THAT THE FLASH WILL SUCCEED.

Which means that you CANNOT have a damaged USB, corrupted drivers and such.


When recovering from a soft brick, it is recommended, not mandatory, to have Re-partition ticked with a .PIT file. So you must be extra careful when you are using a .PIT and Re-Partition. And obviously, the red box is the one where you can't and don't want to mess with

But where are the files going, you say?

.PIT -> PIT
CODE -> PDA
MODEM -> PHONE
CSC -> CSC
 
maramat_99
Old
#128  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phistachio View Post
Here is Siyah
Thanks a lot man! I would hit the thanks button if I only knew how to Please excuse my noobiness
 
Phistachio
Old
#129  
Phistachio's Avatar
Recognised Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 993
Posts: 1,446
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Madeira, PT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidg View Post
My SGS2 is stucked in a strange way. I was trying to install Darky's rom from DarkysOTA tool, it restarted my phone into recovery and flashed it then restarted but since that it wont boot. instead of boot animation it shows pixels that appears slowly and becomes brighter and brighter. same thing happens even if i tried to go to Recovery mode or Downoad mode.
Please help me. i cant even go into recovery or download mode. I dont want to loose my SGS2.
Thanks.
Mmm, you seen to have either corrupted GPU drivers or your GPU died (never seen any case of that, but it's always possible).

Can you like get in Download mode? Doesn't matter if it shows on screen or not, if you can, you can try to flash the fw anyway... But first, tell me if you can or cannot get in DL mode, we don't want to bork your device

Quote:
Originally Posted by falz1982 View Post
Hi All.
Any chance someone could re post this pic? (from the first post) I wanna make sure i'm doing it correct (i'm a bit of a noob)
Thanks for the headsup! Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maramat_99 View Post
Thanks a lot man! I would hit the thanks button if I only knew how to Please excuse my noobiness
No problem! Anytime
HTC One M8 - Stock 2.23.118.3 | Android 4.4.3

[Retired] Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXUFND3 | Android 4.4.2 | TWRP 2.7.2.0

Soft bricked/unflashable phone? Check out my Recovery Guide! N7100 and I9100

 
EM|NEM
Old
(Last edited by EM|NEM; 29th February 2012 at 08:58 AM.)
#130  
EM|NEM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 384
Posts: 917
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Karachi
Could anyone please link me to villianROM 1.1? cant seem to find it anywhere..the link seems to be dead. The v3.0 is the zip file which i cant flash in stock recovery.

EDIT: Any other custom rom that i could use? All attempts to get rid of the bootloop using these methods have failed and custom rom is the last option
EDIT 2: Found VillainROM but its not helping It flashes successfully in ODIN just like stock rom but the phone just reboots and gets stuck in bootloop again. Can some1 plz help me out here?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes