Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 53,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard brick ?

Tip us?

MKL78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hard brick ?

Hi guys,

My phone seems to be hard bricked: black screen, nothing happens when trying to charge it, not possible to put it in DL mode, and even usb jig is not working.

Now I'm fully aware of the risks that go with a bad flash, but what is weird in my case is that it happened out of nowhere: I was on stock rom, phone was suffering from a bad case of slowdowns/random freezes/etc so I decided to put CM 11 on it. Like a phoenix my phone rose from his ashes, battery was holding for a full day instead of the usual 3 hours, no more freezes... but then after 2 days of working like a charm, I just found it plain dead on my desk.

Has it ever happened to anyone, suffering that kind of brick a few days after flashing but not during the actual procedure ? Does anyone has a potential solution other than replacing the MB ? (not really worth it on a 2 years old phone IMO, since there is little chance that I will stumble upon a free MB, and I'm not even sure that it would solve anything anyway)

Thanks for your help !

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Nothing to do with the flash. Fact - electronics fails/dies. All the time. All electronics. Often without warning & for no apparent reason other than that's the nature of electronics. I don't know why people are so surprised when this type of thing happens.

Motherboard replacement or new phone - a motherboard replacement will fix the phone; one or more components on the motherboard have obviously died.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1190
http://www.parts4repair.com/categori...-Repair-Parts/ seems to stock reconditioned motherboards for the S2......double figure prices rather than mid triple figure prices for a new phone.....you do the math.......

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right