Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headphone Output burned/brick

Tip us?

walter4991
Old
(Last edited by walter4991; 19th April 2014 at 02:37 AM.) Reason: problem better explained
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Headphone Output burned/brick

Hello everyone, today unfortunately I burned the headphone output of my s2. Most probably by mistake and for a moment I sent 12v output.

Now connect the headset, the phone recognizes them but they do not emit any sound.

According to you which component you are burned out and should be replaced?

Should replace this: www[dot]ebay.com/itm/Headphone-Jack-Vibration-Motor-Microphone-Assembly-for-Galaxy-S-II-i9100-/281140392763?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417545 ?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
Find the service manuals; they have parts lists & run throughs of the most common repairs with pics. They've been posted here from time to time, a search should throw them up, if not a Google search will find them elsewhere.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

walter4991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Find the service manuals; they have parts lists & run throughs of the most common repairs with pics. They've been posted here from time to time, a search should throw them up, if not a Google search will find them elsewhere.
Thanks, I found the manual here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rvice-t2324414

So if I change that piece I solve the problem?

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1,190
Nobody here is going to tell you that everything will be OK.....we haven't got your phone in front of us to examine......
That one fault *could* have caused a "cascade" of other faults within the phone......
Replacing that one module could solve the problem, and you should consider yourself extremely lucky if it does.......
Higher than intended voltage applied to sensitive micro electronics is never a good combo.....

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

walter4991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
Nobody here is going to tell you that everything will be OK.....we haven't got your phone in front of us to examine......
That one fault *could* have caused a "cascade" of other faults within the phone......
Replacing that one module could solve the problem, and you should consider yourself extremely lucky if it does.......
Higher than intended voltage applied to sensitive micro electronics is never a good combo.....

Just what I thought, too, because that piece is really just the physical input of the headset, right?
I do not think even I depend on that, I think it burned a few pic, you have no idea what it might be?

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1,190
No mate....I really can't tell.....
Nobody here can.....
Replace the module and see......best advice you're going to get.

The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

walter4991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
okay come on, now I try to replace it and hope for the best.
I just purchased the parts from ebay.

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 19th April 2014 at 02:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,190
Are you familiar with how to take an S2 apart? If not, look for a series of videos on YouTube by a guy called LE55ONS......he's posted a really good one showing a step by step procedure for taking an S2 apart......

Edit......here is a guide I wrote.....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335961
in it you will find a direct link to that video.......

walter4991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello guys, last night I saw the headphones of my galaxy and tried to reconnect and functioned normally, I tried to connect it to the speakers of the PC and it worked anyway.
I do not know what happened, but the fact is that for 5 days headphone output did not work then resumed normal operation without me to do anything, in fact I'm still waiting for the replacement part that I picked up on ebay.

Okay, better so thank you also for the help!