Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with choosing ROM for Galaxy S2

Tip us?

ReiKo90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Need help with choosing ROM for Galaxy S2

Hello,

I was really into XDA forum few years ago but some things got into my life so I backed off a bit. I still got my SGS II tho and there is Siyah Kernel 3.0.33 - 3.3.1+ version installed on top of Ressurection Remix ICS 2.0 by westcrip 4.0.4.

As I'm not into the flow anymore and I need advice fast as possible because I'm reformating my SGS II soon - I need recommendation. I need a ROM who currently gives me the most bugfixes and most stability and speed. That's all I'm about, I like speed, good functions and a lot of bugfix/speed scripts automatically installed but still - ROM that flows with newest Android versions.

Can I get recommendation for ROM and Kernel?

Thanks.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
No, you can't. Rom/kernel recommendations are forbidden here. For a simple reason - you will not have the same experience of a given rom or kernel as someone else due to phone setup & usage. There are too many variables involved.

Make a nandroid, go over to the two development sections, read some thread, try out some roms/kernels.

Mods will be closing this thread shortly.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ReiKo90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I would rather spent my time testing someones recommendation then trying so many ROM's by my own hand, this way I can set the percentage of **** ROM's down to less percent and good stuff higher ... but yeah, thanks, you were very, very helpful.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Not interested. Rules are you try these things yourself. Stop being lazy.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

ReiKo90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
More like an order, I'm not lazy, I'm just trying to spare time, and I guess everyone does that, maybe not if you don't have anything important to do. I'm not saying this to interest you ...

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7829

DONATE TO ME
Thread closed as its a Best ROM thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe