Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! All Data Lost!

Tip us?

al_jolson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! All Data Lost!

I have just noticed that all of my data on both my SGS2 internal memory and my SD card has gone!
It's totally bizarre! All my apps are fine, my home screens are fine, but all photos, music, and other files are gone.
My internal storage now only contains .android_secure and LOST.DIR, but the weirdest thing is the SD card. It contains all of the default and app folders that were previously on the internal drive, except without any of the user data (e.g. DCIM is empty where it should have photos & videos galore in there). However, the SD card does now contain 9 files called "FILL0", "FILL1"... through to "FILL9" and all of them are 1GB in size. These "FILL" files have no windows file extension.

Does anybody know what has happened here? It looks like the phone has suddenly taken all the internal data and copied it to the SD, while at the same time removing anything in any way precious to me and possibly storing it in these "FILL" files.

Can anybody make sense of this?

al_jolson
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
One correction to make on what I said above. I mislabeled my drives, so it's actually the SD card which has the 2 default files on it, and the phone memory that has the rest. There was no copying from the phone memory to SD after all, there was purely deletion of the entire SD, and then deletion & this weird dump of everything into "FILL" files on the phone memory.
Tags
data delete, data loss, fill0
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe