Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help needed Galaxy s2 force close loop of hell

OP lk2o9

22nd June 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys. My partner has the force close loop of hell basically rendering her phone into a paper weight. She's running the very basic ginger bread firmware, no updates basically since the launch of the phone. I've tried putting it in restore mode and cleaning the cache but no luck. My question is that if I put the official jellybean firmware on it from Samsung kies, will this rectify the issue??
Last edited by lk2o9; 22nd June 2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: additional information
22nd June 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
Cleaning cache isn't enough, boot back into recovery mode again & do a wipe/factory reset. This will obviously wipe the phone.

If that doesn't work or you don't want to do that you only have one other option; get stock firmware for country/carrier from Samfirmware (the 'put the official Jellybean firmware on it' you were talking about) & flash it with Odin (How ? Stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware' has instructions'). If you have problems with Odin/getting a successful flash find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in the General section & go through as many of the troubleshooting steps as many times as you need to in order to get a successful flash.

If you're lucky, this will fix the problem on its own/without having to do anything else & no data will be lost. But the bootloop may also persist after doing this, and if it does, you'll have no choice but to boot into recovery & do a factory reset. This will more than likely fix the issue though.
22nd June 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
junstirumson
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Cleaning cache isn't enough, boot back into recovery mode again & do a wipe/factory reset. This will obviously wipe the phone.

If that doesn't work or you don't want to do that you only have one other option; get stock firmware for country/carrier from Samfirmware (the 'put the official Jellybean firmware on it' you were talking about) & flash it with Odin (How ? Stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware' has instructions'). If you have problems with Odin/getting a successful flash find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in the General section & go through as many of the troubleshooting steps as many times as you need to in order to get a successful flash.

If you're lucky, this will fix the problem on its own/without having to do anything else & no data will be lost. But the bootloop may also persist after doing this, and if it does, you'll have no choice but to boot into recovery & do a factory reset. This will more than likely fix the issue though.

So basically what I said about just downloading the new firmware from Samsung kies, I think it's the jellybean update, won't rectify the issue?
22nd June 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
I'd be very surprised if Kies is able to update a phone in that state, hence I told you to do it manually.

As per my PP, this might fix the problem on its own or you may need to do a factory reset after you update it. You're only going to find out by trying it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread