Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Could use some help on installing philZ-cwm6

Tip us?

LiamFlannery
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] Could use some help on installing philZ-cwm6

Okay so I have a Samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100. I have rooted the phone and I thought to have installed cwm (which came with the root)
but I still boot into stock recovery (even though Rom manager tell me I have cwm 5.x.x installed or something along those lines).
I know now that the kernel resets to stock recovery. So i am running 4.1.2 and my build number (found in 'about phone') is JZO54K.I9100XWLSW.
I have downloaded 'philZ-cwm6-XWLSW-XEU-5.06.1.zip' from his XDA thread, and was wondering is this the right one for me. And since I am already rooted and all that I was also wondering if installing this will clash with my root and mess up everything- thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help.

TheImpossibleEnemy
Old
Thanks Meter 128
You got the right one and are good to go.It won't "mess" anything,you'll basically get a stock kernel+cwm+root in a single flash.Good for starters if I may.
GT-i9100
NeatROM 6.3
Apolo 4.14
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheImpossibleEnemy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1190
This is the exact method I used to root, and now I'm happily running my (probably) 30th different custom rom.......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hopper8
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2347
Don't use ROM Manager on S2. Ever. It's a sure way to screw things up. For some reason it seems to end up corrupting recovery on S2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Why are n00bs so attracted to Rom Manager ? It's **** on any device. Only lazy people use it on the devices it actually works properly on.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiamFlannery
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Why are n00bs so attracted to Rom Manager ? It's **** on any device. Only lazy people use it on the devices it actually works properly on.
Your not very nice, to be fair how am I supposed to know that it breaks the recovery. Everyone has to start somewhere

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamFlannery View Post
Your not very nice
There was nothing 'not nice' about what I said. Rom Manager is a POS. Lazy people use it. You weren't specifically mentioned in my post, you were lumped in with all the other n00bs. There's nothing special about you in that regard.

See ? That last sentence was somewhat 'not nice' *adds you to my ignore list*
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiamFlannery
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
okay thanks everyone for the helpful replies, also I was just wondering whats the difference between XWLSW-OXX and the one I am going to use which is XWLSW-XEU? just out of curiosity -thanks

TheImpossibleEnemy
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamFlannery View Post
okay thanks everyone for the helpful replies, also I was just wondering whats the difference between XWLSW-OXX and the one I am going to use which is XWLSW-XEU? just out of curiosity -thanks
Philz's kernel OP has answers to all your questions.
GT-i9100
NeatROM 6.3
Apolo 4.14

andrewwright
Old
Thanks Meter 2873
We should all do this on playstore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399483282040.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2730906  

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewwright For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]